Which oil for 2003 Chevrolet Corvette?

I run the cheapest full synthetic Euro spec 5w-40 or 0w-40 I can find in my '04 Vette. Of course I Auto-X mine, and do enjoy playing around from time to time.
Help me understand here...did you say "cheapest" and "Euro" in a same sentence? :) Joking aside, I take the same approach (i.e., "cheapest Euro" which happens to be M1 or Castrol so far for xW 40.....especially during a rebate period.

M1 0w40. I have used it in the 4R V8 for quite a while now and the UOAs have been "boring" because there have been no issues. I did a two year trial and was told I could have gone longer (only went 2500 miles). It doesn't get a lot of use and is short tripped (road trips and fun are in the 5.0 :giggle: ) and runs very smoothly. Or if you wanted to stay a bit closer to the 30, M1 5w40. Its 13.2 @ 100C vs 13.8 with the 0w40. Two different engines, but low mileage per year so I thought this might give you an idea.

Help me understand here...did you say "cheapest" and "Euro" in a same sentence? :) Joking aside, I take the same approach (i.e., "cheapest Euro" which happens to be M1 or Castrol so far for xW 40.....especially during a rebate period.
I guess you have never wandered down the isle to the Quaker State offerings...

Back