Which oil filter..

With all the issues going on, with leaky oil filters, with Motorcraft, Wix, and Napa Gold.. which premium OE quality oil filter is good to use? I don't want jobber oil filter.
Thank you. My current filter #'s right now are Motorcraft FL500s, Wix 57502 or Napa Gold 7502.

I would use the Fram TG10575, even a Puro PL22500 or PBL22500, Purolator has been looking better lately. I have several PSL22500s in the stash, they’re eventually going on the Express (older stock, lower bypass rating) if they’re not too long.

What's your cut-off for filtering efficiency? Or what's the worse filtering efficiency you will use?

What's your limit to spend per filter?

If spending an extra $5 is no problem an xg10575 is nice. But do you have some extra space around the filter to be able to screw on an equally long but slightly wider yet also cheaper XG2? Same gasket id. od, thread, and same length but wider and $2 cheaper. So if you've got the space why not get more for less. Slightly lower bypass of 12 instead of 16 but not a big deal.

I've used the Champ PH500XL and Frams TG10575 and XG10575 on my F150 and Traverse with no problems.

I would use the Fram TG10575, even a Puro PL22500 or PBL22500, Purolator has been looking better lately. I have several PSL22500s in the stash, they’re eventually going on the Express (older stock, lower bypass rating) if they’re not too long.
PSL not familiar with that one?

What's your cut-off for filtering efficiency? Or what's the worse filtering efficiency you will use?

What's your limit to spend per filter?
You know I really don't know too much about filtering efficiency.. I always bought Wix and Motorcraft because it was a premium filter. I'm going to say probably about $10. Give or take is fine.

For that application, I like the Super Tech MP10575. It’s made by Champ Labs. The FRAM TG10575 is another good choice. I would once say WIX/NAPA GOLD but, their quality has gone down since the Mann+Hummel acquisition.

Back