Which of these filters would you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its about time for new fuel filters on our tractor and I was trying to find the best secondary (final) fuel filter, filtration wise. So based on the info I have collected about the filters for my app, which would you go with?

Wix #33336: nominal micron rating: 6

Baldwin BF588: beta 75 = 7 (98.7% @ 7 microns), Avg efficiency 91.95%

Donaldson P552603: 50% @ less than 3 micron, 99% @ 12 micron

Fleetguard FF5019: unknown

I emailed baldwin, wix, and fleetguard for additional data, but only baldwin responded.

I'm leaning towards Baldwin or Donaldson

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Texan4Life

I emailed baldwin, wix, and fleetguard for additional data, but only baldwin responded.

Baldwin
wink.gif

I use WIX or NAPA GOLD (same filter).

I had previously used DELCO Premium, which filtered very good but had poor flow according to some users on Corvette Forum. My cold oil pressure did increase 10-15 psi, and since the Corvette oil pressure sensor is AFTER the oil filter, more pressure means more flow.

I believe you need a balance between filtering and flow.

Any of the filters you mentioned will do a fine job. Baldwin was nice enough to respond to your inquiry, why not give them the business?

By the way, if you really want to keep the fuel system clean, use a good fuel conditioner.

Originally Posted By: Rob_Roy
Any of the filters you mentioned will do a fine job. Baldwin was nice enough to respond to your inquiry, why not give them the business?

By the way, if you really want to keep the fuel system clean, use a good fuel conditioner.

+1 Baldwin are great filters, especially for a tractor. Buy a good fuel conditioner and pre-fill the filter with it when you install it (if possible.) Then pour the rest of it in the tank then top off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back