Which Fuel Pump?

I am facing a fuel pump replacement Code P1237) on my 2003 Grand Marquis. It's old but the car has 42k miles and the pump quit. 12.5V is present at the FPDM which is fed from inertia switch. Bypassed the FPDM, still no start or pump run. I have no continuity through the pump as measured at the pump. I am just replacing the pump and not the entire assembly. I am undecided in buying a Bosch or Delphi (or is something better?). Motorcraft is too much $$ for my budget. I would appreciate any input and suggestions.

I think either brand will be fine; both have a good reputation as far as I've heard.

Replacement is a bit of a pain in the posterior; check the YT vids if you plan to do it youself. I've done two of them.

If it's mounted so you have to drop the tank to replace it, I would bite the bullet and get the Motorcraft. (Unless you know the others are made in NA or EU) I just went with AC Delco for my 1995 Olds for $70 vs. the other choices for $20-$30 as I don't want to drop the tank again.

Fuel pump.JPG

Bosch. Made in Brazil is better than Made in China.

Delphi seems to be decent - if it’s a Mexican made one. Avoid Airtex or Carter.

Bosch. Made in Brazil is better than Made in China.

Delphi seems to be decent - if it’s a Mexican made one. Avoid Airtex or Carter.
Agree with avoiding Airtex and Carter!! Went thru 3 airtex pumps in 1 year until finally went with a Delphi.

Put a new Carter from Napa in my 07 Ram. Original went 221K so wanted to get a better pump to replace it. Has been in it for 6 mos. now and no problems so far.
What more could you want than a pump that served you well for 221k miles?

Back