Which Filter to pick for CLK 500?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just need some opinion about picking up an oil filter.

Currently, I have a Mann, but thought to ask experts who know better than me.

Which one should I pick? Or stick to Mann?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz-Engine-Oil-Filter-Fleece-Premium-Quality-0002609-2pcs-/251635193081?hash=item3a96a054f9:g:iqYAAOSwaA5WhVt%205&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz-OE-Quality-Oil-Filter-Hengst-Made-in-Germany-0001802609-E11H02D155-/141275403262?hash=item20e4ab93fe:g:l4YAAOSwuTxV-fbv&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mann-Filter-HU71...526.m2548.l4275

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz-Engine-Oil-Filter-Seal-Ring-Fleece-Greenline-OEM-Qty-0001802609-/201245688938?hash=item2edb2d846a:g:5JsAAOSwj0NUlFe%20F&vxp=mtr

Thank you.

Last edited:
M112 & M113 =

hu7185x.jpg

Originally Posted By: splinter
M112 & M113 =

hu7185x.jpg

Thanks, yeah it's M113 and have same filter in use currently. Will stick to it. Thanks

I used to use the MB branded which is the same as the Mann except MB sells it as their OE part. Probably it goes through extra final inspection and has the MB parts warranty. There is a holographic seal on the box. I would be careful on ebay for fakes. The white synthetic media shown appears the same as the Purolator Boss which someone here said was 99%@40 micron efficiency. That would be a personal opinion if that efficiency is OK, for me it is. It's the reason I would use the Boss, MB uses similar if not the same media.

DSCN1723_zpsuclbhkg5.jpg

DSCN1699_zps4fzrfkgk.jpg

DSCN1697_zpsse2qcgk6.jpg

DSCN1724_zpstxm5qges.jpg

DSCN1725_zpsnnibj6cd.jpg

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
I used to use the MB branded which is the same as the Mann except MB sells it as their OE part. Probably it goes through extra final inspection

Ya think??
31.gif

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
I used to use the MB branded which is the same as the Mann except MB sells it as their OE part. Probably it goes through extra final inspection

Ya think??
31.gif

Probably, as I wrote. See the box with authentication seal and MB logo on the filter? Mann doesn't have that. That costs extra for that assurance. Probably they do something like inspect more. Many companies do the same thing. Probably doesn't mean definitely. That's why I wrote probably.
34.gif

Ya think??
31.gif

Probably, as I wrote. See the box with authentication seal and MB logo on the filter? Mann doesn't have that. That costs extra for that assurance. Probably they do something like inspect more. Many companies do the same thing. Probably doesn't mean definitely. That's why I wrote probably.
34.gif

If you are trying to rationalise paying more for the OEM filter, then sure, they go through extensive QC inspection that MANN doesn't bother to do...

Last edited:

Ya think??
31.gif

34.gif

If you are trying to rationalise paying more for the OEM filter, then sure, they go through extensive QC inspection that MANN doesn't bother to do...

I'm not rationalizing anything. You pay extra for a MB logo on a part because it has the MB warranty. Toyota same thing, Denso parts cost much more with the Toyota logo on them. If someone wants OE they have to pay the mark up. Except Toyota Denso oil filters, those are a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back