Which filter for next change: Purflux chevron vs MANN vs Manufacturer filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
The center tubes on Purflux are more complex than others seen here. There is a cross piece and molded in holes and the cage looks very thick. As a guess Purflux wouldn't use competitor Mann media with the plastic mesh backing. The French tend to make their own things their own way.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
The center tubes on Purflux are more complex than others seen here. There is a cross piece and molded in holes and the cage looks very thick. As a guess Purflux wouldn't use competitor Mann media with the plastic mesh backing. The French tend to make their own things their own way.

That is certainly true about the French.. as I have found out numerous times on my car
cry.gif

I think from the general view on here I will be using the OEM white media filter for my own car in the coming oil change, primarily because of the thickness of the media.

The others won't go to waste as I have a few cars that acceopt this filter in the family.

I think from the look of this image that even BMW make use of the purflux produced white media filter:

[Linked Image from picclickimg.com]

That OE filter looks very cool. If it isn't crazy expensive that is the one I would run. On a realistic note, probably you will never find a practical difference running any of those three.

But still ..... that white, wavy filter looks so darn cool that I would feel superior ever time I changed it
smile.gif

purflux is a great brand in terms of price/performance...at least in turkey. their price is substantially lower than mann. their quality seem to be on par with mann. i do like mann products but i ain't paying double for a [censored] filter. i also like knecht (mahle) but they are even more [censored] expensive!
cry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back