Which European oils are on the thicker side?

And the prize for the thickest '40 goes to...
Castrol edge 0w40 RN17 RSA (for Renault RS / Alpine sport cars )
Kinematic viscosity 100°C 16.1 cSt
...for a Pour Point at -57°C
Quite impressive.

Quite impressive.
indeed, but good luck finding that oil😁

Quite impressive.

Nice offering. MSDS says PAO is 20-50 %, but CCS and density suggest very
light base oil which along with the highish KV100 translates to a ton of VII.
Thick doesn't necessarily mean stout.

Nice offering. MSDS says PAO is 20-50 %, but CCS and density suggest very
light base oil which along with the highish KV100 translates to a ton of VII.
Thick doesn't necessarily mean stout.
-57 suggests 50% PAO.
But you are right, this probably has ton of VII.
Nit sure why such thick 0W40 is necessary?

If it has to be a European oil but thicker than the typical Euro (LL-01, LL-04,
MB229.5, 229.51, VW 502 00, 511 00) I'd suggest what I run in my 930:
Ravenol RCS 5W-40. No approvals, more ZDDP and thicker compared to its
RUP brother (LL-04, VW 511 00, Porsche C40). Vanderbilt Vanlube W-324.

Triax is all we know a garbage. No approvals and they write some imaginary “performance levels.”
I am a lubricant dealer in north Texas selling most major brands and now selling Triax also. Brand is taking off quite well. Even have high end euro shops servicing exotics like lambo and Ferrari using it.

I am a lubricant dealer in north Texas selling most major brands and now selling Triax also. Brand is taking off quite well. Even have high end euro shops servicing exotics like lambo and Ferrari using it.
And that means what? Shops that are putting oils with no licenses or approvals in their expensive cars are a bunch of absolute fools.

Perhaps you should post a list of those shops so people know which ones to avoid.

I thought this sight would be filled with many open minded people willing to explore and look at other options. Triax industrial lubricants are also quite good and I have complete confidence in the brand and their staff. The professionalism and attention to detail I get from the staff has been second to none. Shell has also been great with tech support on applications also. A few months ago I sold Triax for use in a Cat 725C articulating dump truck gear box. This transmission is $125,000. I will pull a sample from it next spring and send to Polaris. Would be happy to post the results here. Also selling many drums of 75w80 tranny fluid for Volvo Ishift and Mack Mdrive on class 8 trucks. One hands on owner of a Volvo truck shop claims this transmission fluid is better then OE. He is an ex Volvo dealer tech who started his own business about 7-10 years ago and is very particular. He also recently switched his whole family who drives nothing but Mercedes over to Triax VX 5w30. Has anyone found anything bad about the brand. I see there is almost a cult like following of Triax with the Powerstroke 7.3L crowd.

There are some of those, but many of the frequent posters are closed-minded folks who either don’t have or won’t share any useful info, along with some others who are actively unhelpful.
In stark contrast to those that base an oil decision for a Mercedes, Ferrari or Lamborghini on supposed Internet "cult following" or personal observations on sales volumes. Ultimately promoting a brand that has a history of obfuscating actual performance indicators.

No. In stark contrast to those that generate data in those applications and base their decisions on that.

Back