Which Dino has more Moly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found uoas and Pennz yellow bottle has more moly [what ever the more moly will do] Johnny you are too quick with the results.

In the standard/conventional, Pennzoil YB has more as Valvoline WB has virtually none. Valvoline MaxLife has 300 moly but it is actually a blend. MaxLife full synthetic has 280 moly. Synpower full synthetic has virtually no moly.

Wow, does Valvoline offset the Moly by using Boron or something else? I thought Moly was good and necessary to the overall additive package in conventional oils. I have to think that the YB has a very balanced add pack.

Originally Posted By: ozzmann
I use the Schaeffer Supreme 7000 15w-40. I did a Used Oil Analysis on my F-250 and the Moly count was 335.

That is an insane Moly count.

Originally Posted By: Badlees
I use the Schaeffer Supreme 7000 15w-40. I did a Used Oil Analysis on my F-250 and the Moly count was 335.

Insane? Why do you say that?

I wonder about MobilClean 5000 because presumably "Honda Genuine" oil is made by Mobil and it seems like the opinion at least at some point has been that Honda engines "like moly". I don't see any VOAs for it on the site though.

Originally Posted By: farrarfan1

Insane in a good way. Very nice Moly number.

Originally Posted By: farrarfan1

Insane in a good way. Very nice Moly number.

So, would Maxlife at around 300 ppm be considered insane, or just disturbed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back