Which auto restoration shows on TV are good or do you watch?

Wheeler Dealers is the only one I can stand, and they have covered many cars I've owned or been around, but I may have to try Flipping Bangers. I liked Ricks Restorations or whatever the offshoot of Pawn Stars was called, they actually went into some details of the techniques they use aside from the 'reality TV' shenanigans. I just don't have any appetite for fake drama.....

I gave up on "TV" several years ago. At the same time, I gave up on these shows, which had already started to evolve into nothing more than pre-staged and scripted soap operas for men, complete with hissy fits. (e.g. American Choppers).

Over on YouToob, I walked away from Westen Champlin, as he couldn't keep it real anymore, and had evolved in tearing things up (instead of fixing them) and 'jumping the shark' with the choices in new projects. Matt/Diesel Creek, J.C. Smith, Project Farm, and Andrew Camarata are still doing a good job in keeping it real.
Is American Choppers where the heavy mustached man verbally abused his son almost the entire show? I couldn't watch on account of the abuse.

• Haha
Reactions: JC1
Fantomworks and Garage Squad are entertaining, also I forgot about Engine Masters earlier.

Graveyard Cars has some goofiness and manufactured drama, but it is outweighed by the cars IMO. If i had a ton of money and a Mopar and did not want to do it myself - they'd be on top of my list.

I don't know why, but I don't care for Ant, I can barely watch him.

My taste runs mostly to restorations (or at least stock appearing at first glance) so most of these places don't build cars i would go in for, but that doesn't mean i can't appreciate the craftsmanship that Kendig for instance puts into his cars. They do some amazingly cool stuff...

Turnin' Rust on YouTube. It seems to be Similar to what I'd want to do. Go fond really obscure vehicles,repair them and get them running. They just finished a project that was a 1940's milk truck. I don't think the vehicle manufacturer is still around. It made for a neat rebuild.

I’ve been watching videos on Facebook from this guy called “Mechanic Steve”. I think he’s in Japan or something.

I love it because he is DIRTY, he just works filthy. He tears apart everything and does some really tough repairs on trucks, cars, pretty much everything. Stuff that looks like it has a million miles, he’s tearing these things open and doing some very intricate repairs. And then he and all of his techs, clean up this gigantic wok and stir fry vegetables and meat, and eat it right there outside in the dirt, with these filthy hands. Just smiling ear to ear. I love the guy. He’s the most entertaining tech I’ve watched because it is dirty, nasty stuff and REAL. Definitely not OSHA certified type stuff. Don’t think I’ve seen a single person wearing safety glasses while cutting, torching, welding, but it is fun to watch. And they are all very talented too. And probably very under appreciated.

Watched a couple episodes of Iron Resurrection.

Not sure i see the attraction, probably 10 minutes of scaring the helper with fire crackers... i don't absolutely hate it... but it i don't love it either...

I like Garage Squad because I like to see Cristy Lee.

I like seeing the quality of restoration work on original cars on Fantom Works. As far as custom work, I like Bitchin Rides, Fast N Loud and Overhaulin. They seem to be the more "entertaining" of the bunch.

Regular TV, I watch Wheeler Dealers (even without Edd, as I’ve tweeted back and forth with Mike and Ant a few times).. and their spiritual successor, Salvage Hunters Classic Cars. The latter is kind of like the older Wheeler Dealers but with a way larger budget. I also watch the commercials that are car shows, like TruckU (which sounds like a telling off instead of a car show). 😁

YouTube: South Main Auto, WatchJRGo, FordTechMakuloco (I think I spelled it right), and many others when I catch a new one. Goonzquad too, but they’ve become a house renovation, landscaping, and heavy equipment channel lately. They need to get back to the car projects... 😎

Saw a series called "A Car Is Reborn" where a rusty Jaguar E-type was being restored. I had to chuckle a little at parts where the host sets out to do a step, and seems to quickly realize this will take a while, so they cut to a segment on some other classic car, then come back and the step is done. Heh, yeah it never goes that smoothly :-D. I did find the part where they were repairing the fenders with lead very interesting. It looks simple, but I'm sure it probably takes practice. I'm glad they didn't go resto-mod on it and kept it pretty close to original.

I gave up on TV series once FantomWorks ended. Fun fact - my dad is good friends with the owner :)

Over on YouTube I like Taylor Ray.....he has a whole series of videos dedicated to Cummins swap into his Ford F series dually. Does all his own fab work, etc. And you see just about everything that goes into every project. (plenty of other projects to watch)

I like watching Cleetus MacFarland too, but there isnt a ton of fab on-camera there. Good racing and fun cars, though!

KSR Fab on YouTube....a relatively recent YouTube start, but the company does incredible work. And he can tune the hell outta anything, definitely check out his channel.

Back