Where were you on 9-11-01?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at home watching news when they broke in immediately after the first plane hit. I saw the second plane hit live I think. Shocked, mad, grieved and wanted to kill something all at the same time. If I was not too old and diabetic I would have gone and joined up that day hoping to get some payback.

Yes, I am an old testament type of guy. I am not into turning the other cheek.

Dan

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
Where were you on September 11, 2001 when you first found out about the jets flying into WTC Tower II?

Sitting in my Mr. Bricken's 2nd block government class.

i was at continental property's (a realty) troubleshooting their local area network, when someone came in and pulled me from the server room to another room with a tele, where everyone in the whole building stood and watched. basically the whole building shut down. we all just stood there watching the tele.
no one even bothered to answer the phones which rang from other people that i guess did not know of the tragedy yet.

Sleeping. "GET THE **** OUT OF BED AND TURN ON THE NEWS!" I was very confused for a minute...

[ February 19, 2004, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

Just sat down to watch TV while eating breakfast before going to work. I had a mouthful of cereal and realized I'd stopped in "mid-chew", so to speak (jaw open, mouth closed).

The alarm went off on the morning of the 10th (down here), and my sleeping mind started to pice together the story.

Leaped out of bed, and turned on the T.V. radio, and internet to see something that shocked me to the core that it could be happening.

It really was the end of the world as we knew it.

I was just getting out of bed when my Mom called me and said in a frantic voice "they bombed the twin towers"!!!! I was like "mom stop fooling around" like she always is and then I turned on the T.V. where I sat in disbelef! I got a call from work shortly after where I was working security and they wanted every one to come in "just in case".

I too wanted some pay back!! Those crazy muslims...I hope they burn in **** !!!!!

Putting on my PJs and just about to go to bed. I checked CNN's website before I went to sleep, which reported that a "small plane" had hit one of the towers. I switched on the tv, and about 15 minutes later, the news networks went beserk, and all local stations stopped normal programming and went to the CNN/NBC/ABC/CBS coverage. I ended up going to bed around 3am local time.

I just got in the car to go to work and they were talking about the first plane...not many details yet....I drove for 5 or so minutes and while they were interviewing some guy the second plane hit...I was at work when the towers collapsed, the web was slow...my wife called....I knew that the war had started.

I was at work behind the counter at autozone when the first plane hit. I thought it was strange as **** that a plane would crash into the WTC. I was actually on my way home from work when the second plane hit. I saw the towers collapse live.

i was laying in bed listening to "mark and brian" when they announced that a plane had just hit the WTC, i thought "what the **** " and jumped out of bed and turned on the TV just in time to see the second plane hit. i knew things were going to be different. they are for sure, i just finished up my second year of Air National Guard activation.

I was hanging around the shop when a few of our firemen buddies came in. One of their pagers went off and it said that there was a fire in the top floors of the WTC. We turned on the TV just moments before the second plane hit. I think we were all in shock. We just sat there looking at one another, saying over and over, "did that really just happen?". We watched it all unfold for what seemed like days. Only when we got the call that the Pentagon was hit and we needed to respond did we snap out of our fog of despair an disbelief. I hope I never see anything like that again in my lifetime. We lost alot of brothers and sisters that day, not to mention quite a few good Americans.

I was in Portland, Washington attending an industry conference, a long way from home in Pennsylvania. Just finished my shower and picked-up a recorded phone message on the hotel phone, it was my wife relating that airplanes had crashed into the Pentagon and Twin Towers. I can still remember the way her voice was steady, but the emotions crept in towards the end of the message. I had a heck of a time getting a line to call her back (all telephone circuits were 100% busy).

Finished dressing and went to meet my boss, he was pretty succinct "We're at war". Our company had another engineer on his way to the conference, flying out that morning... He ended-up in Chicago and drove back to Pennsylvania, lucky.

Mostly we watched events unfold on the TV and talked quietly. It still seems like something out of a grade B Hollywood movie.

I was at work,in little rock, Ar, building t-56 engines for the DoD. We first heard a plane hit tower 1 on the radio. went to the break room and saw tower 2 get hit. then our boss told us to get back to work, so we would sneak peaks at teh TV whiled he was busy doing something else. got to see the collapses, and the coverage on the pentagon. only had radio after that. I knew right then, the old America was forever gone....

It was the first day back to work after I had taken two weeks leave. I was at work at NORAD/USSPACECOM in Colorado Springs. Needless to say, we were pretty busy. Everyone was in shock. Some of our folks were at meetings in the Pentagon. Many of my friends died in the Pentagon that morning.

As I have said before, now I work to keep this from happening again at NORAD/USNORTHERN Command.

Doug

I was on duty with FD. We were at the radio shop at the time with no TV> Got back to the station just before first tower fell.

I said "We just lost a bunch of brothers", and walked outside and lowered the flag.

I can say one thing. Since, I have not went a single day without thinking about the 343 brothers I lost that day. I think about it many many times per day.

May they NEVER be forgotten.

Well, we have 3 shifts here in my shop; Days, Swing and mids. Swingshift is from 1545 to 2400hrs, which happened to be my shift. I had worked the previous night, so naturally, I was in bed when the first plane hit the first tower. I remember it was something like 0830-0900hrs when I got a call from the shop and was informed that "We just went to Threat Condition 'Charlie.'" I didn't think this was a big deal, so I crawled under the blankets once again. A little while after that, I got yet another call......."AMN Lopez, just wanted to let you know we are now on ThreatCon DELTA." I was still half asleep, so it didn't hit me and I probably thought it was just another military exercise. I finally decided to get up and turned the TV on to CNN Headline News.....as soon as I focused on the screen, I could not believe my eyes. I was witnessing the collapse of the second tower, live!
I thought I was sleep walking or something and to this day, I'm still in disbelief.
I still remember 3 months after the attack watching Sheppard Smith on Fox saying; "It's been 3 months and the darned thing (collapsed towers) are still burning."

Anyway, I hope we can get Usama the same way we caught Saddam.......in a rat-hole and alive, so we can drag his head through NYC!

patriot.gif

I was at work on 9-11-01. There was a television behind me that was on that I was not paying attention to. I don't know what station it had been on but I guess after the first airliner hit the World Trade Center the station was switched to the news or to a special news report. I happened to look behind me and I saw the second airliner hit the World Trade Center. I thought at first that it was a movie. And then I realized that it was live and real. I had to calm down the two men I was working with.

We went to maximum security very soon after that.

May the souls of the dead rest in peace.

I was in Huntsville, Alabama, a long way from home in Pennsylvania. I was helping a company field technician replace the compressor mounts on a school bus parked outside the maintenance building. My co-worker was under the bus working when he said something like- what was that, a plane crashed into the World Trade Center- while listening to the radio that was inside the building. We kept on working and talking about the whole thing as it unfolded. We didn't see any of it on television until after work. I just remember saying I hope Bush does something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back