Where to find turkey broth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to a couple grocery stores, no luck. Anybody know of any places that would carry it? I still have a few places to check, it's traditionally somewhat elusive.

Kitchen Basics makes it and tends to get it on the shelves this time of year. I can walk into 1 of 5 different supermarket chains and get it.

Or just make your own. :)

Sorry, forgot the recipe.

Ingredients
1 turkey carcass from 12- to 14-pound turkey, cut into 4 or 5 rough pieces to fit into pot
1 large onion , peeled and halved
1 large carrot , peeled and chopped coarse
1 large rib celery , about 4 ounces, chopped coarse
3 medium cloves garlic , unpeeled and smashed
2 cups dry white wine
1 bay leaf
5 sprigs fresh parsley leaves
3 sprigs fresh thyme

Instructions
1. Bring turkey carcass, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, wine, bay leaf, and 4 1/2 quarts water to boil in 12-quart stockpot over medium-high heat, skimming fat or foam that rises to surface. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 2 hours, continuing to skim surface as necessary. Add parsley and thyme; continue to simmer until stock is rich and flavorful, about 2 hours longer, continuing to skim surface as necessary.

2. Strain stock through large-mesh strainer into large bowl or container; remove meat from strained solids, shred into bite-sized pieces, and set aside; discard solids in strainer. Cool stock slightly, about 20 minutes; spoon fat from surface. Use stock in a recipe or cool to room temperature, cover, and refrigerate up to 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back