Where to buy G-05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several years ago, after becoming thoroghly disgusted with Dexcool, I changed all my vehicles over to green John Deere brand antifreeze- and I'm quite pleased with the results so far. I've recently learned on this forum that this John Deere antifreeze that I like so much is in fact G-05... meaning that I can purchase the stuff at places besides the John Deere dealership. And considering that I no longer work for a John Deere dealer... I mean to find other places to buy G-05. Problem is, when I look around at Walmart or any of the discount auto parts chain stores (autozone, advance, pep boys), none of them have G-05. Where's a good place to buy this stuff besides the local Deere dealer at $14/gallon?

Ford, Chrysler, and Mercedes are also users of G05 as OEM and recommended fill, so their dealers are possibilities. Locally I find Zerex G05 at Pep Boys. I does seem to be harder to find. Many parts stores have dropped it and push Prestone "all makes all models" instead. In the past Kragen (Checker, Shucks) had it but I haven't seen any there for a while.

since Zerex is a Valvoline brand you might try to find a Valvoline distributor.

Sad to say, but O'Reilly has also discontinued G-05 from their stores. Fortunately for me I stumbled across the last two gallons at my local store and he sold them to me for... hold on to your hats... $0.15 each! I have yet to try NAPA or local mechanics who service with Valvoline.

I stopped by a different Pep Boys today, and they had Zerex G-05 for $12/gal. Thanks, all, for the info.

Last edited:
The fun part is that the Chrysler stuff does not say G-05 anywhere on the label and the counter staff does not no it by the G-05 name.

Quote:

Zerex produces G-05. Sells at Wal-Mart, here.

Actually, Valvoline produces G-O5 with Zerex being the product name. That's why I suggest asking a mechanic who services with Valv products.

I wish I could get G-05 at Wally World. You're fortunate in that regard. Any other goodies that we don't get in the States?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back