Where is the best place to list and/or get a boat value for a private owner sale?

It's difficult to know how you define "best place"; you don't really define what that means to you.

I'll say that I've had great results using FBM; but I'm good at weeding out stupid people/comments and also I do a good job of describing my sale items and posting good pics. FBM is the modern version of CL sales; so they come with all the pros and cons of dealing with the general public.

There are also venue specific sites for boat sales also (boattrader.com for example), but they often cost money. If you don't want to pay for advertising your boat, these won't be a choice you'd like.

We also have a "for sale / WTB" section here on BITOG; please note our rules for that forum.

Last edited:
Call your insurance company or your bank and ask them what the BB value is. You can use that as a starting point so you know what you've really got (as the internet sellers always claim)

And just post it everywhere you can think of. See if a local marina will help market it (there will be a fee)

Back