Where does your gasoline come from?

We have a few in Washington state mainly up in the northern Puget Sound area and one in Tacoma. The Tacoma refinery has a pipeline that runs to JBLM supplying jet fuel for McChord.
Hey Pimtac, the source of the crude oil for your gasoline is from Alaska and also from Edmonton ( same place as mine). Here is a screen shot of the Transmountain pipeline which has a spur down to the Puget Sound area. The Pipeline is currently being twinned.

8F169299-626F-4488-BD3F-B2DF56CD3643.jpg

Hey Pimtac, the source of the crude oil for your gasoline is from Alaska and also from Edmonton ( same place as mine). Here is a screen shot of the Transmountain pipeline which has a spur down to the Puget Sound area. The Pipeline is currently being twinned.

View attachment 70685

That would explain the four refineries all in that same region. Anacortes is a bit south but three refineries are in that Ferndale area.

I remember back in the day driving by the massive Wright Shuchart Harbor/Aleyeska operations at the port of Tacoma. They built the pipeline sections and had it shipped up for assembly. A lot of people worked on that.

Usually Speedway, which means Marathon Petroleum, from their fleet of barges that ply the Ohio River and unload at terminals on the Licking River in Covington, KY (Latonia) and western Cincinnati on River Rd. Guessing the barges come from the Catlettsburg, KY refinery & possibly the Gulf Coast(?) Never really followed the barges around!

Back