Where do you store your oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
all of my oil is stored in an unused 2nd bedroom in the closet. always 70 degrees in the winter and 78 degrees in the summer!

Those are the two exact temperatures I keep my home at - in summer and winter. I will move the daytime summer air with a ceiling fan in the living room -- another in the kitchen.

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Under my pillow...And sometimes I ever-so-gently hold it like a Teddy while sleeping, but only GC...

crackmeup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Contrary to the good Dr. Haas's opinions, freezing does not render a motor oil useless.

My local Mobil oil jobber stores skids of cased motor oil in an unheated metal building which is visible when the overhead door is open.

I really doubt that Walmart suspends transport of motor oil from distribution centers to individual stores during freezing weather in the northern states!

Keep it in the plastic bottles it comes in. Tried putting it in large zip-lock storage bags for a while. Hard to pour. And if a bag pops open on the shelf its quite a mess.

Thinking about Tupperware.

Originally Posted By: levi

Keep it in the plastic bottles it comes in. Tried putting it in large zip-lock storage bags for a while. Hard to pour. And if a bag pops open on the shelf its quite a mess.

Thinking about Tupperware.

Same here.

In the corner of the bedroom. Just bought some Pennzoil dino at [censored]'s wholesale club a little while ago. I got 2 1-gallon jugs in a case for $8.00. Comes out to $1.00 per quart. I got 3 cases of 10w-30. Almost as good of a deal as you get Bill.
LOL.gif

In the cold unheated attached garage. I spoke to Valvoline and Mobil about oil storage and they said it doesn't matter if its stored in a cold garage or a heated house.

Frank D

Originally Posted By: tackleberry625
In the corner of the bedroom. Just bought some Pennzoil dino at B J's wholesale club a little while ago. I got 2 1-gallon jugs in a case for $8.00. Comes out to $1.00 per quart. I got 3 cases of 10w-30. Almost as good of a deal as you get Bill.
LOL.gif

Excellent oil at an excellent price.
thumbsup2.gif

for some reason it censored BeJay's

Just put a space in there.

B J's

I store mine in my heated/air conditioned humidity contolled "oil storage" room located on the below grade floor of my home. BTW according to Pennzoil...Dr. Haas is correct as cold storage ( below 32F) reduces the shelf life of PP from 60 months to 18-24 months.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
In the corner of the bedroom. Just bought some Pennzoil dino at B J's wholesale club a little while ago. I got 2 1-gallon jugs in a case for $8.00. Comes out to $1.00 per quart. I got 3 cases of 10w-30. Almost as good of a deal as you get Bill.
LOL.gif

Excellent oil at an excellent price.
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Bill, I thought it was a good deal myself. I wanted Penn 5w-30 but the Penn 10w-30 was the only oil brand/weight they had on sale. I would go back and get some more but the miss's would
18.gif
me.
LOL.gif

Actually, after looking over my B J's receipt a few mins ago, I paid $20.55 for 6 1-gallon jugs, after my membership discount. Comes out to $.85 per qt not $1.00 as I said before. Be that Bill,
banana2.gif
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back