Where do you guys buy Chevron Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to four Wal-Mart's and no Chevron Supreme 10w30? I talked to one Mgr. that said something must be going on with this particular wt. because they're set up to reorder before the shelves are empty and the fact that four separate stores are out may mean a problem on the supply end. I could get it at a Chevron gas station but I would pay double. In all the stores I was in the shelves were full of Havoline 10w30. From what I've read here these two oils are basically the same, is that true? Who else sells Chevron?

Thanks

I buy mine at Checker Auto. Aparently, the word's gotten out about how good this Chevron stuff is. Havoline SL is the same as the Chevron as long as it's distributed by Chevron-Texaco. Look on the back of the bottle, lower left hand corner. If it says distributed by Equilon, stay away from it. Looks like Chevron needs to pump up production on this stuff!

[ July 13, 2002, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: bottgers ]

Chevron Supreme motor oil is readily available at Costo. The price is less than $1.00 per quart. I switched from Mobil 1 10w-30 and cannot detect any difference since the change.

Chevron is really good?
dunno.gif
WOW, I missed that word about it getting around..
pat.gif

By chance do any of you have oil analysis posted to show how that stuff is holding up. I'd like to really see this.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Bob, it is highly touted on the Edmunds board, mainly because it's technical specs look impressive for a $1 oil. It's got a similar flash point to Mobil 1, and the pour point is very good for dino. Obviously we don't know for sure if the additive pack is any good until someone does analysis. But if I were using dino, and I had the choice between Castrol GTX with it's 415f flash point and -30c pour point, or these oils with their 453f flash and very good pour point (can't remember off hand what it was, but it was great!) I'd choose this one. With impressive specs like that it's probably going to fare well enough in 5k drains. So for the average motorist who only wants to spend $1 for oil, I'd say this oil is worth a shot.

Could Chevron have a problem with this wt.?, all other wt's. were in full stock.
I have 1000 miles on my car (LS1 Camaro SS, heads/cam were done at 500 miles). So I was trying to give everything till at least 2000 miles with dino oil before I put in Schaeffers 10W30 (which I already have btw). Plus I have Auto-Rx in my wife's Isuzu Trooper(3.2 V6) with 250 miles on the cleaning cycle and I was going to use Chevron Supreme after Auto-rx, got MaxLife in it now.

To be a little more specific, Chevron Supreme is sold by the case (12 bottles) at Costco for $9.99 per case. Available are 5W-30, 10W-30, and 10W-40.

Your local selection and price may vary, all rights reserved, no guarantees or warranties implied, etc etc etc etc
wink.gif

Hi everyone, new guy here. I have been a reader of this forum for a while now and decided to register.

Now on to the Chevron. I can't seem to find it around Cincinnati either so it must be a pretty common problem. I have tried 3 different Wal-Mart locations and none of them stock the 5w-30, only one had 10w-30. I did find it at a Chevron station but it's $2/quart.
shocked.gif

I am not a member of Costco, thier price on a case of Chevron is outstanding. Does anyone know if they do an Introductory membership for just one visit? Otherwise it appears I'm screwed.
frown.gif

Ok, Let me explain... Bottgers said...
quote:

the word's gotten out about how GOOD this Chevron stuff is .

I am not saying it isn't a good oil and of course I don't know what facts you're basing your comments on, but if you say it is, then ok, I'm not going to get into it. I was just being facetious about the WORD GETTING OUT, because I hadn't heard that word.. shesh, just a joke man, joke! It wasn't meant to be taken literally
grin.gif

Anybody ever read about Brer Rabbit? Maybe we've been playing the Chevron oil up so much we have suddenly caused an increase in demand/ shortage of supply.....
HEY EVERYONE!!! I DON"T WANT ANY OF THAT STINKIN CHEVRON SUPREME!!! I HATE THAT STUFF!!! I AM GONNA USE THOSE OTHER OILS THAT I CAN GET ANYWHERE BESIDES WALMART!!! I'LL PROBABLY NEVER USE THAT STINKING CHEVRON SUPREME EVER AGAIN!!!!
Ok folks I gotta go now, I'M NOT GOING TO WALMART THOUGH, I'M GOIN SOMEWHERE ELSE, GONNA GET SOME OF THAT OIL ON SALE OVER AT THE OTHER STORE!!!
see y'all
wink.gif

It may also be an ordering problem with people shifting out of winter into summer and Wal-mart not keeping up with the change. I don't even offer the 10w30. Just 5w30 and 20w50, with Delo in the 15w40. With taxes and freight, it goes for over $3.00 here.
I sell and analize more Delo, but I will look through my files to see if we did any analysis of Supreme lately.

I visit 3-4 different Walmarts around here over a typical 2-month period and they all carry different weights of that nasty ole' Chevron Supreme that none of us like anymore.
wink.gif

I'm having a more difficult time finding Maxlife in 10W-30 than I am finding the Chevron. In every store I've checked in our local area, they're all out. They have the other weights, but no 10-30. What's going on with all these oil shortages? Are they pulling an OPEC trying to jack up the prices?

BTW, I will post oil analysis results on the Chevron as soon as I reach 5K on this oil change, and I get the results back.

Quote:
"Chevron is really good? WOW, I missed that word about it getting around.."

What am I missing here? I did not see those words mentioned in a post for one and another point is it REALLY is a good OTC dino oil,one cannot deny that fact!

Chevron lubes are heavy into trucking, mining, and constuction. Look in the yellow pages for oil,lube jobbers. The town I live in has two jobbers and they both sell Chevron Delo and Supreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back