Where do I dispose old tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kestas

Staff member
I have 5 tires in my basement I need to get rid of. The city won't pick them up with the trash. How can I best get rid of them?

Here's whatcha' do......

Find a suitable spot in the yard. Don't be too picky.... you have tires to dispose of.

Place tire on ground then fill the inner section with fertile earth/dirt/soil/whatever yah' wanna' call the stuff the worms live in.

Plant a suitable perennial, preferably an evergreen-type shrub or whatever so that the tire is hidden year-round, within the tire.

With time the plant will grow, hiding the tire-container it resides within. Choosing the proper plant, one that spreads out and droops to the ground, will effectively hide the tire.

When you move from your residence your discarded tire problem remains behind. If you stay the critters are hidden.

Geeeee... what a great idea!!!!!!!

I just astound myself, at times.

You betcha'.

In our case, the County landfill collects old tires. There is a small charge involved for disposal. Check with your local landfill or county waste authority.

FedEx to 3rd world country for street fire / political demonstration
grin.gif

The next time you get some junk mail (such as today) take the return envelope ("postage will be paid by addressee") and affix said envelope to a sturdy box containing the tires. Keep the weight under 72lbs. Take the box(es) to your local post office. Two problems solved.

quote:

Originally posted by Larry the Cable Guy:
The next time you get some junk mail (such as today) take the return envelope ("postage will be paid by addressee") and affix said envelope to a sturdy box containing the tires. Keep the weight under 72lbs. Take the box(es) to your local post office. Two problems solved.

A post office employee friend told me that the limit for those "postage will be paid" labels is 1 pound.

Stealth misssion to a construction site dumpster. If you have neighbors you don't like, leave them scattered on their front lawn...Don't get caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back