Where did Amazon dig this out of?

My 'speculation' on date of manufacture, 302 day 2016, Julian calendar or 10/28/16. Below* is a link showing what I believe to be your UPF64R filter cut open, scroll. And seeing when that thread was started (9/20/16) and the date code on that can 20216, 202 day 2016 (7/20/16) it's also very likely 'imo' that filter also made 2016. Based on what I see as comparison to silicone adbv in link and all things considered 'I' might just use that filter. Obviously your call.

As regards the sealing gasket appearance at top, fwiw seen too many optical illusions on filter pics posted not to trust when OP says it's an optical illusion.

As regards the sealing gasket appearance at top, fwiw seen too many optical illusions on filter pics posted not to trust when OP says it's an optical illusion.

I can take a photo of it again. The gasket was fine after being removed and cleaned up.

We stock these at work for GM vehicles the labels are different but the can is still blue on all of them. Haven’t seen a black AC Delco filter yet.

My 'speculation' on date of manufacture, 302 day 2016, Julian calendar or 10/28/16. Below* is a link showing what I believe to be your UPF64R filter cut open, scroll. And seeing when that thread was started (9/20/16) and the date code on that can 20216, 202 day 2016 (7/20/16) it's also very likely 'imo' that filter also made 2016. Based on what I see as comparison to silicone adbv in link and all things considered 'I' might just use that filter. Obviously your call.

Good detective work on the date code. Another format to note.

I once posted an M1 filter that had some glue in the can. I didn't realize it looked like rust in the photo. I think I alarmed some people back then too.

What did the listing say on Amazon? Was it sold by and shipped by Amazon or a third party shipped by Amazon? If the latter, then if could have been a retail arbitrage seller that picked up some NOS to sell through Amazon.

It's extremely hard to believe this is not a damaged gasket
1631046858644.jpg

What did the listing say on Amazon? Was it sold by and shipped by Amazon or a third party shipped by Amazon? If the latter, then if could have been a retail arbitrage seller that picked up some NOS to sell through Amazon.
It was listed and sold by Amazon. Photo was the modern black can with the white and yellow label.

It works out within pennies to the price at Rockauto so I ordered one there.

I received dented oil filters from RA which included strips of paper claiming the the dents were OK and that the filters WERE NOT returnable.

Ask me if that was galling...go ahead, ask me.

It sharpened my picture of RA and Amazon suppliers and how they regard their customers. They are insulated. "You want a cheap oil filter...here's a cheap oil filter. Take us to court."

I reassessed the value of dealing with KNOWN retailers.

Gotta add that the "12 o'clock gouge" in post #1 is THE BEST optical illusion I've ever seen.

Back