When will Amazon start charging "prime members" for shipping?

They are worried about 500 EVs not paying enough taxes and are raising registrations across the board on everyone so of coarse they are worried about a couple delivery trucks, it’s all a tax grab
EVs are now the new tax revenue targets since they've been getting by with monetary freebies for years and are becoming more prevelant on the roads. They can't get by for free forever.

Clarkson's Farm is quite good. Recommended even if you are not familiar with Top Gear nor Grand Tour.
I enrolled in Amazon Prime for one primary reason - The Grand Tour. Luckily for the past two years, my wife has went back to college so we got Prime free for 6 months and then $50/year after that. When it comes to paying ???? per year at full rate, I'll have to think real hard about it.

After thinking about this the only thing that would make me stop being a Prime member is if they took my Chase Amazon card from me. I use it to purchase everything all month then pay it off at the end of the month, that is how Prime pays for itself for me. I could live without the free 2 day shipping by just waiting until I had enough in the cart to get free shipping, I'm usually not in any hurry for the things I order from Amazon.

Amazon is planning a split between Prime Video and Prime shipping, I betcha. They're already branding themselves this way.

I also suspect they'll flatter existing subscribers by declaring that if you don't let your grandfathered subscription lapse, you'll continue to get both. Just don't fall off the wagon!

It hasn't escaped my attention that they now want even more money to watch stuff on HBO on Amazon, or that it takes a week to deliver "2 day" packages. I continue to cross shop-- walmart and ebay are real good contenders.

Walmart's $35 threshold for free shipping is absurdly easy to hit-- get some staples like a 12 pack of paper towels and the local store will deliver that alongside what you really wanted, which is coming in the mail.
It's my opinion, but.. you are not missing anything on Prime Video.

It's free for Prime members and they STILL dont watch it. What does that tell you.

Let it die.

you are not missing anything on Prime Video.
It's free for Prime members and they STILL dont watch it.
Overall, it's just really bad. Yeah, they do have some good shows or exclusive series and movies but so much of their stuff is really low-quality or poorly-done, foreign-produced stuff (I'm not anti-foreign stuff either). Then again, maybe it's just what is being recommended to me ! What really confuses me is they have something from 2018 and I start watching it and it looks like it's re-mastered from VHS tape done in 1997, 480 x 240 resolution (4:3).

Overall, it's just really bad. Yeah, they do have some good shows or exclusive series and movies but so much of their stuff is really low-quality or poorly-done, foreign-produced stuff (I'm not anti-foreign stuff either). Then again, maybe it's just what is being recommended to me ! What really confuses me is they have something from 2018 and I start watching it and it looks like it's re-mastered from VHS tape done in 1997, 480 x 240 resolution (4:3).
I agree with everything you say. What Ivan Drago said in Rocky 4 applies.. "If it dies, it dies."

It amuses me when I am over someone's house and they have EVERYTHING and Amazon Prime Video (as well as others) just sit there, not really being used and the best movies come on YouTube for free.....

Case in point. That "No Remorse" movie with Michael B. Jordan
Amazon Prime Video

was one of the worst movies I ever saw.

The movie does not have to be good, they just have to get enough people to tune in so they can say ratings. Hence, the hype..

Case in point. That "No Remorse" movie with Michael B. Jordan
Amazon Prime Video

was one of the worst movies I ever saw.

The movie does not have to be good, they just have to get enough people to tune in so they can say ratings. Hence, the hype..
Eh... you can find awful movies on every streaming service if you look.

And if you look, you can also find decent stuff...

Eh... you can find awful movies on every streaming service if you look.

And if you look, you can also find decent stuff...
ah that list....not exactly a ringing endorsement. But then again, I can't find anything worthwhile on Netflix either. IMO, 98% of Hollywood movies are not worth my time.

If that is the 100 best movies on Prime I think it is pretty bad. Anyways, they do have some ok stuff on there (Handmaiden is good, so is a couple of them) but most of them seems to be the dollar store $3 stuff they are trying to get rid of.

I wouldn't say Hulu's list is that much better but at least their list of anime are much better (although not crunchy roll coverage).

You are right they don't need to. But I think likely will.

Fifteen years ago Amazon often had the lowest prices of anyone. Not any longer- people are hooked on Amazon and Amazon knows it all so well.
Have you seen the prices on Amazon basics oil? More than Mobil one or Valvoline on their own site, double the price of Supertech and Kirkland.

this post has me agreeing with you.

Reactions: GON
Took a few hits when this thread was started.

It has begun. Amazon starting to charge some prime members for grocery delivery.

Only a matter of time till the prime members being charged for other items slowly is implemented.

Amazon axes free grocery delivery on some Prime orders​

New grocery delivery fees for Prime members will range between $3.95 and $9.95, depending on the order size, beginning next month​

Funny the timing of this thread.

I'm at sitting in the Admirals Club at DCA airport. Some big cheese from a very major cable company is sitting almost next to me with his phone on speaker. He is talking with his home office and said they are going to start charging either 19.99, 29.99, or 39.99 for something the provide for free. They just said 39.99 was too high, but they will go with 29.99, and said subscribers will now get free pc scans and pc support , and a bunch of other worthless stuff to deflect from the new 29.99 charge.

If it is spectrum, please dunk his phone in a gin and tonic for me. And millions of others.

• Love
Reactions: GON
Frivolous... Amazon can change the time frame for delivery anytime they choose and us customers have zero input. Don't like it, shop somewhere else. Amazon can simply "un-Prime" items so they don't qualify for the faster shipping times too.

We're still getting incredibly fast shipping. Interestingly, a few days ago they had a banner across their pages indicating that there could be slowdowns due to bad weather we were supposed to get. Also, in the two weeks before Christmas, I did see delivery times fluctuate between 1-3 days and 5-6 days, including on the same item that I was watching. One day it would arrive in 2 days, the following day it said it would arrive a week later.

Back