When there are no vehicles you want to buy..

Get a Jaguar if you want something fun. The pain is real, but so is the joy.
same with BMWs. 350hp and amazing handling, but it comes with a price. my dad's bmw has spent more time torn apart in his garage then it's spent on the road. it was cheap and high miles though

I just want a mid-sized sedan. I don’t want an SUV, AWD, a turbo, or a CVT. That eliminates a whole lot of vehicles. I love Mazda but with the discontinuation of the 6 they no longer make anything I want.

I guess I need to just bite the bullet and get a base model Camry before they ruin them too.

There's really not a vehicle that I want these days. 20 years ago? Different story. As a Mazda fan, I'm hoping they bring back a sedan, especially with their new inline-6 engine. Other than that, The Nissan Titan still holds my interest as the last true V8 full size pickup. No gimmicks, column shift, No Start/stop BS... Last of it's breed.

Today's vehicles just plain suck. Plus... the color palette choices are also dismal. White/Black, Silver/ Maroon and maybe a blue. And... the kicker is... their all disposable. Kinda like what they did to smart phones and non-replaceable batteries. Nope... there's really nothing that stands-out. (for me).

It's all about escalating giant SUV's and EV's. Lord... I remember the days where I was so excited to read the new Car & Driver when it came to my mailbox.

Now... Just painful looking at all the modern cars and their boring aerodynamic styling.

There's really not a vehicle that I want these days. 20 years ago? Different story. As a Mazda fan, I'm hoping they bring back a sedan, especially with their new inline-6 engine. Other than that, The Nissan Titan still holds my interest as the last true V8 full size pickup. No gimmicks, column shift, No Start/stop BS... Last of it's breed.

Today's vehicles just plain suck. Plus... the color palette choices are also dismal. White/Black, Silver/ Maroon and maybe a blue. And... the kicker is... their all disposable. Kinda like what they did to smart phones and non-replaceable batteries. Nope... there's really nothing that stands-out. (for me).

It's all about escalating giant SUV's and EV's. Lord... I remember the days where I was so excited to read the new Car & Driver when it came to my mailbox.

Now... Just painful looking at all the modern cars and their boring aerodynamic styling.
It doesn’t have a lot of miles but I have been completely happy with my 2017 Nissan Titan. If I wanted one I wouldn’t wait too long to get it, or at least that‘s what the rumor mill says.

I guess I need to just bite the bullet and get a base model Camry before they ruin them too.
Define "ruin". I mean, I kinda like our Hybrid but... there's big LCD on the dash that is really not necessary. We've yet to figure out how to turn it off. I mean, off-off, black as night off. It's cool to watch power ebb and flow, for about 5 minutes. But when I drive, I usually drive with the radio off.

The LCD on the dash isn't so bad, but still. The other day I decided to take it for a spin, get it washed. It's 46F in my garage. I get out on the road, drive 100 yards, and it takes over the display "Roads might be icy"! Yes, I know, I live in NH, but not only is the sun out, the road is bone dry. I think I'll be ok.

I had to remove the belly pans from the car, at least for the winter months (maybe I'll put back on in spring, maybe not) as they load up with road sand and hang down. The trunk lid is Toyota's reminder that I didn't pay extra for the self closing lid--it's heavily sprung and you really have to push hard / slam down to close it. And the all black interior? bleh.

It's a basic competent car but boy does it define bland. Not quite as bad as our 2011 but that's faint praise.

Define "ruin". I mean, I kinda like our Hybrid but... there's big LCD on the dash that is really not necessary. We've yet to figure out how to turn it off. I mean, off-off, black as night off. It's cool to watch power ebb and flow, for about 5 minutes. But when I drive, I usually drive with the radio off.

“Ruin” as in eliminate the naturally aspirated engine and conventional transmission options. Like Honda did to the Accord.

All I want is a better example of the Rat. A 1994 Ford Ranger long cab 4x4. Anything else is just meh. The '16 Camrys are wearing like iron. That is their most exciting feature, I used to sneer at the things when I was in my old BMW period. The whole concept of side-wise engine driving the front wheels, all ahead of the fire wall, was a break through in the manufacture of econo boxes.

I know the feeling, they stopped building the one newer car I could stand 20 some years ago. Too much worthless problem causing junk on cars now. It also seems they went from the box designed cars of the 60's through the 90's, to the 60s or 70s Citroen look, or armadillo look. Styling has gone out the door. And when there is a good styled car they price it out of reach, "Hell cat", Camaro etc.
Then they don't sell well then they stop making them. Stupid.

I know the feeling, they stopped building the one newer car I could stand 20 some years ago. Too much worthless problem causing junk on cars now. It also seems they went from the box designed cars of the 60's through the 90's, to the 60s or 70s Citroen look, or armadillo look. Styling has gone out the door. And when there is a good styled car they price it out of reach, "Hell cat", Camaro etc.
Then they don't sell well then they stop making them. Stupid.
Agreed. GM is one of the many that do this. They bring out some interesting vehicles and then discontinue them right after they have a following. (Fiero, Solstice etc.) Development never continues. Shame. Styling is subjective but IMHO, we've degraded because of aerodynamics and fuel efficiency. It's also funny how some of the biggest sellers are modern 'copies" from the past. (Mustang, Challenger etc.) Sedans are gone and so are wagons. SUV's are just exercises in headlight and taillight styling. Sad... The 60's -70's were great. Character.

I agree with you, except after 1972 , I came to the same conclusion, cars started to look bland to me. Loved the cars of the 60s, GTOs come to mind...................todays rides looking boring,,white,grey and black and red....imho Im 77 now and I approve this reply, I also ride a Harley,,love that sound

I agree with you, except after 1972 , I came to the same conclusion, cars started to look bland to me. Loved the cars of the 60s, GTOs come to mind...................todays rides looking boring,,white,grey and black and red....imho Im 77 now and I approve this reply, I also ride a Harley,,love that sound
So you get it! Yeah, those were the glory days of automobiles. Cars today are so much better on many levels, with the exception of styling. You really don't see anything that looks really good. Black, white, silver, maroon and some blues. It's boring and they all look like each other. SUV's etc.

Harley rider! Good for you! Classic.

So you get it! Yeah, those were the glory days of automobiles. Cars today are so much better on many levels, with the exception of styling. You really don't see anything that looks really good. Black, white, silver, maroon and some blues. It's boring and they all look like each other. SUV's etc.

Harley rider! Good for you! Classic.
I sure would like to see some two tone paint schemes, at least. I'm afraid we are stuck with the modern shapes for aerodynamic reasons. Still they would slap a few fins on there. :)

I sure would like to see some two tone paint schemes, at least. I'm afraid we are stuck with the modern shapes for aerodynamic reasons. Still they would slap a few fins on there. :)
Yup... They have gotten us used to having a few changes happen - (Tail-lights, grille, turn signals etc.)

They call it "new!!" but it's the same vehicle! (And more money!) Everyone gets excited about the smallest of things. I say... bring back some creative styling...

Bring back some originality, not just colors...but actual originality.

There is always the fear that today's stuff won't last. We thought the same things 10 and 20 years ago. What actually happened is that vehicles (except Hyundai/Kia) became ever more reliable.

Although I completely agree with the OP, many of today's offerings are uninteresting, almost to the point of being repulsive. Every once in a while, something stands out.
On top of this, add in today's ridiculous prices...makes me want to keep fixing what I have perpetually...

A 2021 Tiguan with the 3rd kid only row. I can still count on one hand the amount of times we've used it(3rd row) over the last two years.
My daughter bought one of those. She loves it, but compared to the CX-9, the Tiguan is a dog power wise...

My daughter bought one of those. She loves it, but compared to the CX-9, the Tiguan is a dog power wise...
That dog won't need a cylinder head and gasket before 100k either.

How's the Tiguan fuel mileage vs the CX-9?

I love blowing by Harley guys on my classic Honda VTR...like they were standing still! Also love its v-twin sound...

That dog won't need a cylinder head and gasket before 100k either.

How's the Tiguan fuel mileage vs the CX-9?
There's about a 90% chance the CX-9 won't either. Very few of these have this problem...CX-9 does 25 highway, about 20 in town...I haven't asked my daughter what she gets for mileage yet...

Back