when / how to use Techron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all,

should I use it 500 ml before change oil?
put to empty tank?

tnx

pat.gif

tnx for the link.

so far I didn't find the answer to my Q.

Must I change oil + oil filter right after use of Techron?
nothing about that in direction to use
frown.gif

are there right steps (as for BG44k too - which is 4 times expensive and danger / risky to use - IMHO)?

1. Near an empty gas tank, put Techron in, and fill up
2. Use up the gas as fast as possible
3. Change oil and oil filter

do I must Change fuel filter, too?

tnx

dunno.gif

Those three steps look and sound familar.
smile.gif

I would use the product as described since that's how it was designed. I have used Techron for the past 9 years in many different cars and haven't had any problems. I didn't need to change the oil or drive it a certain number of miles. I simply added it when my tank was close to empty, just before I think the gas empty light is about to light up, filled it up and drove as I normally would.

If you really did need to change the oil, I'm sure Chevron would have clearly written it on the back since that small disclaimer would save them millions in potiential lawsuits.

If you are still worried about wanting to change the oil after Techron, then time it so that when you use up the gas with Techron it's time to do an oil change.

If you buy Chevron gasoline it has Techron in it. There should not be any problem using Chevron Techron at any time-it is already in the gasoline if you use Chevron gasoline and if you add it to some other brand of gasoline it is a normal gasoline additive to keep the fuel system clean.

I add it to my gas tank after every oil change. The only reason why is, it's easy for me to remember to do it at this time.

I don't think that changing your oil will affect Techroline one way or the other. you can add it anytime.

I think it would be best to add the fuel additive about 2 or 3 tankfuls BEFORE oil change so that any contaminants that get caught in the oil from the cleaner isnt stuck in motor for the length of a change.

Apart from what I've said regarding the possibility of fouled spark plugs, I would like to add that you should finish the tank of gas with the cleaner quickly. Don't let it sit for too long in there. These fuel system cleaners are very corrosive. I don't think an oil change is necessary, but it sure won't hurt.

Hi,
I believe that Scooby has it right
Porsche recommended no more than three treatments of Techron between oil changes. Two quick treatments if needed, followed by another shortly prior to the recommended oil change

I always add Techron to a full tank and immediately consume the tankful - on as long a trip as possible!
I treated my Subaru Outback yesterday and then drove 1200 kms ( about 700 miles )on business

For normal maintenence I do my cars just prior to their oil change

Regards
Doug Hillary
Airlie Beach - Tropical North Queensland - Australia
MY02 Subaru Outback
MY98 BMW Z3 2.8
MY89 Porsche 928 S4
Regards

What I do is add the Techron fuel cleaner at the fillup before I know I have an oil change due. After that I drive until the tank is empty, then change the oil. The next fillup I add notihng to the tank. After that tank is empty I use STP Gas Treatment in each following fillup until it's time for another oil change. Seems to work well for me. I know some people dismiss the STP product, but when coupled with a regular cleaning with Techron I think it works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back