What's Your Favorite Handgun Caliber?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
And why? I personally like the 357 Mag. Controllable and effective.
thumbsup2.gif

What's the best defense ammo out there these days? Need to stock up for the zombies ... or anyone else who might find themselves in need of some "attention".
laugh.gif

Just one? Cant do it.

Carry: 9mm.
1. I shoot it very well. 2. It is effective with quality modern defensive ammo (Currently carry Federal Tactical Bonded). I can afford to practice with it.

Classic: 44-40
Old Colts and fits my Winchesters as well. This is more effective round in traditional pressures than the modern loadings leave you to believe.

9mm for the reasons mentioned earlier. Its mild shooting, effective with modern JHP ammo, inexpensive, and if you live in America still you have great magazine capacity with it.

For cool reasons, I always did want an AMT automag pistol in 30 Carbine though.

For shear pleasure of shooting I would also give a nod to the 38 Super. In a fullsize 1911 its a great round.

.45 colt....classic, big, nasty, loaded up its a .44 magnum type bear slaying death dealer, loaded down its fun shooting all day long. too bad its expensive.

honorable mention...
10mm, 45ACP,.40

Exotic awesomeness I would love to shoot- .41 magnum

practical excellence-
.40,.45acp, .357 sig, .357 magnum

Im a big fan of 9x18 Makarov. Costs the same as 9mm and easy handling of the expensive .380. Love it in a good CZ-82.

.45ACP all around because I love 1911's

9mm for price, best bargain in centerfire and adequate for bad guy stopping duty.

10mm for fun especially the really hot stuff in my S&W 1006
.357SIG for fun in my Glock 20 with extended barrel.
7.62x25 for fun, I wish there were more guns in this caliber
.38 special for fun, especially in any .357Mag gun

overall, my granddads old colt 32 pocket pistol, its old, but works great, fits in ur jeans pocket easily, just need one shot.

.44 Mag for fun (but I have to remember if I fired 6 shots or only 5), 9mm practice, the good old 22LR for hi-volume plinking, and .40S&W - business.

.45 for the home.
9mm high capacity for the highway.
.380 when walking, wearing shorts.
For some reason I want a ruger blackhawk .357 with the 9mm cyl, and a cowboy belt. Don't know why, I just want one!

.357 in a small hammerless revolver for carry (use Hornady personal protection ammo), .44 magnum for hunting (long barrel Ruger Redhawk), 9 mm for a car gun.

Any comment from anyone on the Taurus Judge or the S&W equivalent? I see a lot of them selling but I just cannot see it as a practical carry gun with its size.

Originally Posted By: spasm3

For some reason I want a ruger blackhawk .357 with the 9mm cyl, and a cowboy belt. Don't know why, I just want one!

I have one. It's a sweet SA shooter.

I want the Blackhawk in .30 carbine and I don't know why at all!

9mm for practice, As well as .22. Various pistols and revolver.

10mm for home defense in a Glock 20.

44 mag for hunting. Ruger Blackhawk.

And 38 special revolver. Easy Relodable accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back