What's with the Drew Carry glasses trend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cujet
Originally Posted By: grampi
What's going on with all the young women wearing these stupid looking Drew Carry glasses? Do they actually think they're attractive? They look ridiculous....

They are called "Problem Glasses".

While I don't care much for style, of any sort, there is a current trend to look absurd. If you did not know, they are often doing this as a statement of their views.
its a feminist thing

Originally Posted By: Arved

So I make a simple observation and I'm a drama queen/whiner/crier? Okay...

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time." - Baretta
laugh.gif

They look rather functional to me. Surely there are worse fashion trends. Like Utilikilts (GD&R).

I didn't know making an observation was a crime...must be part of today's "don't offend me or else" thing...

I think he's saying "Don't come to the board and complain or whine or whatever IF you can't handle any flack that may be dished out."

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
LASIK renders glasses for most people unnecessary.

[off-topic]
is LASIK really that good? I've been wearing glasses from '85 (many pairs)

[/off-topic]

Originally Posted By: yeti
Originally Posted By: silverrat
Originally Posted By: javacontour
What's with old men complaining about changing times?

Recurring theme on this forum unfortunately.

shhhhhhh !!! we don't want the "grampi old men", (using arco's phrase), to stop whining about inane topics in life. this is comic relief.
the board would be reduced to nothing if the whining threads disappeared.it's not just the elderly ones here -- many others start the drama queen/whining/crying threads. all are hilarious.

to the whiners/complainers/cryers -- keep 'em coming, and have a good day.

I wanted to check out this thread again, hoping for more laughs. I wasn't disappointed.

twice you stated that you were making an "observation", here, and replying to arved.you can rationalize it any way you want -- many replies here comment that you are whining/crying/complaining.only a few minutes after your o.p., the first reply is a cartoon of the old man yelling at a cloud.
it's common knowledge that many elderly are ornery, by nature. it exists in the real world, so why not on the net? that's just the way it is.if I live to be "elderly", the odds are pretty good that i'll become ornery, as well.
there are maybe 5 on the board like this.but, to be fair, the vast majority of the whiners/drama queens here are not elderly.

as I stated, I, and the group, love these threads, because they're hilarious. keep 'em coming, and have a good day.

laugh.gif

They look rather functional to me. Surely there are worse fashion trends. Like Utilikilts (GD&R).

I didn't know making an observation was a crime...must be part of today's "don't offend me or else" thing...

I hope I never lose my sense of humor, as you obviously have. Sorry.

laugh.gif

I hope I never lose my sense of humor, as you obviously have. Sorry.

Anyone who knows me would say my sense of humor will be the last thing I lose...

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

Drew wears a few different styles.

I think he's complaining about things like this:

I'm not complaining.

Exactly! There's nothing attractive about them...

Mission accomplished. They don't care about impressing old men which likely a relationship may disgust them.

Thinking back, I believe it started back in the late 90's when youth were trying to get Dot.com jobs or something like sales jobs in the computer tech industry. It made them look nerdy & smart, to get the jobs and appear like they fit in with that geeky programming culture, differentiating themselves from the unwashed, dumber masses that never bothered getting any tech education.

If not to get the jobs, then sometimes just to fit in socially for dating purposes or just social cliques. Smart people, or at least those who look the part, can be attractive in society. All heck broke loose when celebrities and/or runway models starting wearing square/rectangle framed glasses, causing a trend that we still have.

What has gotten much better now is the aspect ratio is more square now, where, for a while, glasses got to where they were peering through slits!!!

Women are the worst with those huge glasses that look like they came out of a cereal box. I love a nice pair of designer glasses, but they have to look classy.

grampi,

How old are you ?

our group was under the impression that you were one of the "grampi old men" here, per your posts -- maybe pop's age (early-mid seventies). several replies on this thread would seem to agree with that.i was wrong. my apologies. have a good day.

o.t. -- I haven't seen any posts lately from pop raggin' on anybody.i hope that he's o.k.

Originally Posted By: yeti

our group was under the impression that you were one of the "grampi old men" here, per your posts -- maybe pop's age (early-mid seventies). several replies on this thread would seem to agree with that.i was wrong. my apologies. have a good day.

o.t. -- I haven't seen any posts lately from pop raggin' on anybody.i hope that he's o.k.

Didn't Pop get the boot?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Drew wears a few different styles.

I think he's complaining about things like this:

I'm not complaining.

I find the "nerd girl" look to be HOT!!
20.gif

Especially when she whips them off and swings her hair around . . .

What's going on with all the young women wearing these stupid looking Drew Carry glasses? Do they actually think they're attractive? They look ridiculous....

Uh, they like the look.... Guess they forgot to submit to you for a critique.

Smart/Nerdy is in these days and the glasses help in that image.

People thought they were cool in the 50's. It's time has come again.

There is a lot worse than that in this world.
Actually, some of the new style of glasses aren't half bad.
Glasses are easily correctable.
It's a fad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back