What's with the Drew Carry glasses trend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: grampi
What's going on with all the young women wearing these stupid looking Drew Carry glasses? Do they actually think they're attractive? They look ridiculous....

Are you jealous Mr. Clark Kent?....lol
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: silverrat
Originally Posted By: javacontour
What's with old men complaining about changing times?

Recurring theme on this forum unfortunately.

shhhhhhh !!! we don't want the "grampi old men", (using arco's phrase), to stop whining about inane topics in life. this is comic relief.
the board would be reduced to nothing if the whining threads disappeared.it's not just the elderly ones here -- many others start the drama queen/whining/crying threads. all are hilarious.

to the whiners/complainers/cryers -- keep 'em coming, and have a good day.

Originally Posted By: yeti
Originally Posted By: silverrat
What's with old men complaining about changing times?

Recurring theme on this forum unfortunately.

shhhhhhh !!! we don't want the "grampi old men", (using arco's phrase), to stop whining about inane topics in life. this is comic relief.
the board would be reduced to nothing if the whining threads disappeared.it's not just the elderly ones here -- many others start the drama queen/whining/crying threads. all are hilarious.

to the whiners/complainers/cryers -- keep 'em coming, and have a good day.

So I make a simple observation and I'm a drama queen/whiner/crier? Okay...

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time." - Baretta
laugh.gif

They look rather functional to me. Surely there are worse fashion trends. Like Utilikilts (GD&R).

Look fine to me. I've thought of getting a pair. Now that I'll annoy someone with them, I'm all the more apt.
wink.gif

In another time (probably OP's day) I do believe black plastic frames were the norm.

Originally Posted By: Arved

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time." - Baretta
laugh.gif

They look rather functional to me. Surely there are worse fashion trends. Like Utilikilts (GD&R).

I didn't know making an observation was a crime...must be part of today's "don't offend me or else" thing...

Originally Posted By: supton
Look fine to me. I've thought of getting a pair. Now that I'll annoy someone with them, I'm all the more apt.
wink.gif

In another time (probably OP's day) I do believe black plastic frames were the norm.

Yes, they were, and they were called birth control glasses...

For the record are we saying that old people are offended that young people aren't being vain? LOL, I think birth control glasses are cool. They put the focus on the person, not the accessory!

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

Drew wears a few different styles.

I think he's complaining about things like this:

I'm not complaining.

I find the "nerd girl" look to be HOT!!
20.gif

Originally Posted By: RedOakRanch
For the record are we saying that old people are offended that young people aren't being vain? LOL, I think birth control glasses are cool. They put the focus on the person, not the accessory!

Old people don't get offended...you're thinking of a different generation...

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Hipsters!

Don't ask. Just let them do their thing.

Brooklyn NY is now infested with 'hipsters'....they live off their parents and inheritances...

I mainly just care about what I wear and don't worry about everyone else. I'm sure the ones wearing them don't think you're attractive either. I'm not sure what Drew Carey glasses are exactly. He wears all kinds of different ones. Do you just mean plastic frames? I'm confused.

[Googles: Tina Fey Glasses]

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Those dang kids, what with their glasses, intertubes, and faceyspaces. [shakes cane at them]

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: fenixguy
I'm not sure what Drew Carey glasses are exactly. He wears all kinds of different ones. Do you just mean plastic frames? I'm confused.

I saw Drew Carey at a small local comedy club before he started to get famous. He did a spoof on the X-Ray Vision glasses advertised in old magazines like Popular Mechanics:

X-Ray+Specs.jpg

Appeared often on the same page as the Sea Monkey ad:
grin.gif

1460810922-0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back