What's up with all of the thread police?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: grampi
Why do people complain about threads they aren't interested in, or those they feel are duplicate threads? Here's a novel idea, if the thread doesn't interest you, ignore it. Why do you feel the need to post a message voicing your displeasure with the thread? Nobody's forcing you to read, or participate in it...

Why do people post and then complain when others voice their opinion?

Here's a novel idea-if you post, be prepared for all forms of discussion, not just the ones you want to hear.

Originally Posted By: PSS
Uh, Why are you complaining about other people? Why not take you own advice and ignore them?

I dont like that you are complaining about his complaining post....
cool.gif

Be thankful this isn't the off topic section in NASIOC. The official statement on that websites off-topic section says all discussions should be work safe, but enter at your own risk the natives may not be very friendly.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

"Because you're on my lawn, and you are annoying me.
Since I'm not allowed to beat you into 2017 with a bag of Twizzlers, I'm going to stand on your lawn, and annoy you right back."

That's pretty much how you and several other forums members reply to certain other posters on this forum, all day every day.

Sometimes it gets entertaining, most of the time it just gets old.
But we both know that it makes you very, very happy to know that you annoy grampi.
You revel in it.

BC.

Why do people complain about threads they aren't interested in, or those they feel are duplicate threads? Here's a novel idea, if the thread doesn't interest you, ignore it. Why do you feel the need to post a message voicing your displeasure with the thread? Nobody's forcing you to read, or participate in it...

It's very bad form to post the same question in multiple threads. Like everything, there is a right way and a wrong way to do something, forum posting is no different.

There is always one most appropriate forum topic to post any given question or forum post. You are expected to use it.

People who point that out are trying to help, thinking that perhaps you don't know that. These are the people most likely to help someone with a genuine problem who seek useful help or advice.

If you do know it and do it anyway, they just block your username and never see any of your posts or replies to posts.

Why someone who actually wanted help would prefer the latter over the former is beyond me, but do whatever you want.

I'd add some posts are just similar by another OP since the search feature can fall short ...

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

"Because you're on my lawn, and you are annoying me.
Since I'm not allowed to beat you into 2017 with a bag of Twizzlers, I'm going to stand on your lawn, and annoy you right back."

That's pretty much how you and several other forums members reply to certain other posters on this forum, all day every day.

Sometimes it gets entertaining, most of the time it just gets old.
But we both know that it makes you very, very happy to know that you annoy grampi.
You revel in it.

BC.

I'm gone fishing for a few weeks, and return to see that the drama queen threads are as good as ever.
BC -- shhhhhhhh ! the hilarious, drama queen threads MUST continue.

pop, along with many others, annoy grampi. on a regular basis, grampi whines about many things, and those who do not concur with his opinion. so what. this is the internet.our group loves his threads/posts, as they are funny/entertaining.
the responses on this thread, and the one that led to it, gives jabs to grampi, because of his often abrasive nature, and often, does not play nice with some here.again, so what. this is the internet.

these two threads are inane in nature, but so are many others here.many times, some just want someone to talk to. what else would explain some thread topics?
drama queen threads are good, since they are so funny/entertaining.
grampi -- keep your threads/posts coming. we all need entertainment.have a good evening.

What we need is a mod who can clean up the board. Bill in Utah used to rule the board with an Iron Fist, he wouldn't take any of this [censored]. He ran a tight ship; What ever happened to him?

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
What we need is a mod who can clean up the board. Bill in Utah used to rule the board with an Iron Fist, he wouldn't take any of this [censored]. He ran a tight ship; What ever happened to him?

Someone mentioned a while ago he retired from work and this board. He no longer wanted to mediate [censored]-ing contests between members...

Originally Posted By: PSS
Uh, Why are you complaining about other people? Why not take you own advice and ignore them?
+1

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Are we now policing the thread police police, or is it the thread police police police?

“Major Major had been born too late and too mediocre. Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them. With Major Major it had been all three. Even among men lacking all distinction he inevitably stood out as a man lacking more distinction than all the rest, and people who met him were always impressed by how unimpressive he was.”
"There was only ONE catch....."

Here's a novel idea-if you post, be prepared for all forms of discussion, not just the ones you want to hear.
Good observation.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
"There was only ONE catch....."

The best there is.
"There will be no parade this weekend"...General Major Major.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back