What's up Castrol Vecton

I need to change the oil on my volkswagen jetta soon in like a couple weeks and might try castrol vecton 15w40 instead of gtx 15w40

Is it completely different from GTX 15w40?

Does anybody have an oil analysis on this oil? I can't find it on the internet.

No, choosing an oil by brand, grade and a VOA/UOA is better than an approval isn't it?
I agree, there's no reason not to use either VW 502 00 or 504 00 approved oil. It's widely available, it's cheap, it's proven to be good.
I use 15w40 because I can get a very good oci from it, 7500 to 10,000 in my jetta, and it doesn't start to make weird noises after 5,000 miles.
15w40 is also cheaper and castrol 5w40 or 0w40 is nowhere to be found, but it is very good oil for 4 to 5,000 miles.

Are you serious?
Yes im serious, where I live I cant find it nowhere. I live in rural ga and even advanced auto or autozone doesn't carry it, neither does walmart.
the local walmart doesn't even carry any castrol products except the castrol 15w40 gtx

Yes im serious, where I live I cant find it nowhere. I live in rural ga and even advanced auto or autozone doesn't carry it, neither does walmart.
the local walmart doesn't even carry any castrol products except the castrol 15w40 gtx
What about Walmart shipping?

What about Walmart shipping?
Good luck with mail not being lost.

I live in a questionable area where dirt roads are the normal.

I tried buying some atf off of amazon, out of two only once came and the other one lost.

So I use 15w40, and hasn't given me any problems whatsoever.

Back