What's this repair worth?

Minimum $250.00 around here.

Just to roll a truck out to site will cost over 100.00 (fuel, depreciation, insurance, etc).

Materials cost mark up (industry standard - under 10.00 (300%) 11 - 99 (200%) 100 up (100%)

4 hour minimum charge for time

mileage at going rate

Perhaps….

What was that job worth? Add the time and gas…
That was a different job where they brought me the lines out of the van.

Got a call from a shop owner we used to deal with a lot. He had a handicapped Toyota van on the lift. Someone else jacked it up and smashed the ac lines that lead to the rear of the van.

Being a custom built van with a wheel chair lift the ac lines are custom made by the company that modified the van.

I loaded up all the stuff needed to do a Mobil repair. Fittings,sleeves, welding rod,torch, ac hose, crimper etc.

Drove about 10 miles to get there with fuel being $7 a gallon.

Cut out the smashed lines and did the repair.

Total time was 45 minutes once I got there.

I'm into the repair about $50 on my end as far as parts go. How much should I charge?
Average Stealership today would likely charge $500 for a repair like that. A reason I didn't get another Toyota their shops robbed me every time I took the car in. To bad because Toyota builds great cars for the most part!

Realistically if it was me and mobile repair was not something I typically did I would charge the time from time I loaded to unloaded at my hourly rate plus parts.

Most places who do mobile have a trip charge IME.

Back