Automotive A.C. experts?

It is now illegal for it to be sold here to normal folks only to certified AC people and in 30 plus pound containers no more small cans. Only private folks can sell it not an auto parts store. Its our wonderful governor of course.
1234YF is in all the auto stores, I thought I saw $60 or so for a small can of it.
Your state is a different one than here that is why.

There is a reason it's banned here in the U.S. Get into a minor accident that ruptures the condenser and you could go up in a ball of fire.
Scaredy cats. It’s popular in Europe and Canada. It’s a mixture of of propane and isobutane and is sold at any Canadian Tire in Canada under the name Red Tek. I’m currently holding more flammable gas than is in the system. ;)

It is now illegal for it to be sold here to normal folks only to certified AC people and in 30 plus pound containers no more small cans. Only private folks can sell it not an auto parts store. Its our wonderful governor of course.
1234YF is in all the auto stores, I thought I saw $60 or so for a small can of it.
Your state is a different one than here that is why.
I would rather travel out of state to get r134 then convert to the new stuff. At least for now. Eventually once DuPont patent runs out the price will come down.

I would rather travel out of state to get r134 then convert to the new stuff. At least for now. Eventually once DuPont patent runs out the price will come down.
Around 1996, renegade climatologist, Dr Tim Ball, spoke at my workplace. Among other controversial things, Dr Ball said that DuPont started funding the research into the harm that R12 did to the ozone layer, just a few years before their patent was due expire ... He said they apologized profusely, and then introduced their much less harmful replacement - R134, which they had recently patented.

He predicted this cycle would continue.

Around 1996, renegade climatologist, Dr Tim Ball, spoke at my workplace. Among other controversial things, Dr Ball said that DuPont started funding the research into the harm that R12 did to the ozone layer, just a few years before their patent was due expire ... He said they apologized profusely, and then introduced their much less harmful replacement - R134, which they had recently patented.

He predicted this cycle would continue.
Kinda like the evils of hemp when they patented nylon?

Flammability isn’t really a concern imo. I’ve run HC for doing diagnosis, instead of a nitrogen/R22 sniffing blend. The HC does work well.

HC refrigerants are a blend. So there are a variety of things that can go wrong. Some blends aren’t quite right, and need a bit of noncondensible gas in there to keep pressures right. Other blends can be charged into a hard vacuum without an issue.

Like anything, prep is key.

Out of state? Why there are folks selling it for 20 a can. I missed out years ago when I could have got a huge amount for .99 per can.
R134 is being phased out, over the well known lies. And running out patents are likely the main reason.

Back