What's the standard cost of an ATF UOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like the title states, what is the standard cost of an ATF UOA? I checked online and it looks as if blackstone has 2 tiers but nsure if I need the advanced or not.

My main concern is coolant being present in the ATF which would mean a cracked trans cooler line in the radiator.

Side note: what should I be focusing in on when viewing the report? I have been looking for an MSDS on prestone all makes and models 50/50 but have been unsuccessful thus far.

Like I like to tell evryone,bypass the rad. cooler! Once your trans is ruined because of radiator fluid getting in the atf,then you'll be sorry! Expensive lesson,trust me!

I bypassed it 20k ago, just paranoid and wanting to make sure I am in the clear before the extended warranty expires in 5k.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dubie2003
Just like the title states, what is the standard cost of an ATF UOA? I checked online and it looks as if blackstone has 2 tiers but nsure if I need the advanced or not.

My main concern is coolant being present in the ATF which would mean a cracked trans cooler line in the radiator.

Side note: what should I be focusing in on when viewing the report? I have been looking for an MSDS on prestone all makes and models 50/50 but have been unsuccessful thus far.

I'd go with Polaris/OAI for a good check. The cheapest is to buy a 10 pack of test kits. Whatever way you go you want the TAN. Look for contaminants and the TAN. Polaris/OAI will tell you in a professional manner whether there is a problem with it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back