What's The Complaint About Trufuel?

My Echo Weedwacker is 15 years old and it still runs good on Tru Fuel...Never had an issue

I've never used TruFuel and don't use E0 either but, I'm not against it for others.
Now keep in mind, I am not saying that my OPE couldn't operate or even start better however, I don't have issues with running E10 in everything. My only complaint with products such as TruFuel is its cost. Where I've seen it being sold in my area, it is >$6-$7/qt. That's $24-$28 a GALLON! o_O Or even by the larger 110 oz can(not 128 oz/1 gallon), it's ~ $22. 🤌

Last edited:
I run my 2 cycle ope with E10 and Marine Stabil but store it with TruFuel or it's equivalent. My 4 cycle equipment gets E10 with Marine Stabil because I exercise it monthly except for my power washer which will be stored with TruFuel because obviously I'm not going use it in the winter in NJ.

I've been running tru fuel for the last 2 summers, my trimmer and blower seemed slow to rev and didn't like to run at about 1/3 throttle. Changed spark plugs and seems to be the same. I guess it's time to try something different this spring and see what happens,

Interesting 🤔

I've only been using TruFuel for winter storage in the Craftsman tractor since 2022 and I didn't have any issues. Right now I've drained the carb bowl and gas tank.Not sure I want to store it empty,so maybe more TruFuel, I don't know 🤷

Interesting 🤔

I've only been using TruFuel for winter storage in the Craftsman tractor since 2022 and I didn't have any issues. Right now I've drained the carb bowl and gas tank.Not sure I want to store it empty,so maybe more TruFuel, I don't know 🤷

I purchased more Trufuel today. Until I have any issues with it, or don't get curious about other products, I'll use it for storage 😄

I use my Echo top handle saw maybe 15 minutes a year, so I’ve always used one of the canned fuels in it. I’ve barely used two bottles in 10 years. It always starts right up so it feels like money we’ll spent to me.

What are the complaints (according to some internet experts) about why Trufuel is bad for your OPE?
I had three seldodom used Stihl machines running on 50:1 Tru-Fuel, including a chainsaw , leaf blower and weed wacker. It was 1-2 quarts of 50:1 Tru-Fuel per year back then. Everything ran fine.

Let's roll the clock forward a few years. I had a bunch of cutting to do with the chainsaw and also inherrited a 2-cycle snow blower. Since then I've mixed 89 Octane Ethanl Free fuel with Husqvarna oil. The fuel I mixed last November is still running great in the Stihl powered machines, albeit the weed wacker is gone.. A 2-cycle MTD snow blower entered the mix last fall, and it runs well on the 89 Octane E0 / Husqvarna brew as well.

Last edited:
Local Echo dealer will only run VP 50:1 / VP 40:1 fuel. They have had trouble with Trufuel. I bought a 1gal VP 50:1 for my new Echo leaf blower. IDK.........

What are the complaints (according to some internet experts) about why Trufuel is bad for your OPE?
None for me. Used it for years. The only thing I prefer is buying the 4-cycle gas and adding my own oil. I don’t like the smell of whatever oil they add to it - Actually burns my nostrils when it’s running 🤣🤣

Back