What's in your grease gun???

4BA22A75-C148-4614-9338-CB9997438EFE.jpeg

Oddball question: Does a grease gun have to be loaded with grease from a tube? Or if I have a 1lb tub of red hi-temp grease, can I just spoon it into the grease gun vessel and use it that way?

Last edited:
Oddball question: Does a grease gun have to be loaded with grease from a tube? Or if I have a 1lb tub of red hi-temp grease, can I just spoon it into the grease gun vessel and use it that way?
You should be able to - I don't see why not.

I would use a tube if at all possible because any bubble or air pockets would jam the gun.

My favorite grease was on sale at Canadian Tire today, so I can continue with it in my chassis lube gun: Motomaster Formula 1 Synthetic. Suspiciously the same colour as Mystic Synthetic grease mage by Citgo.

Last edited:
Tube that came with my China freight grease gun. When finished probably go with a marine grease or whatever 3 oz tubes that I can pick up cheap.

The one at the house has Valvoline Crimson in it. The one or three at my friend's shop has Mystik hi-temp red.

In my battery powered Flexzilla Grease Gun I have Lucas Red N Tacky I use it to grease my dads fifth wheel on his truck and the fittings on cars then in my manual one I have SuperTech multi-purpose it rarely gets used except to grease the jack and occasionally I will use it otherwise but I just don’t care for the off brand grease but it was free so can’t complain

Back