What's in your crankcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

04 Accord 2.4l 0W20 M1 (SL)
03 Corolla 1.8l 5W30 M1 (SL)

Soon to be 5W20 M1 (SM) in that Accord.
grin.gif

Chevron Delo 400 15w-40 and a bottle of Auto-Rx. Just started. It's in an 84 Civic wagon with 486.6k miles. Poured it in yesterday. This is a second go-round. Did it once before about 2 years ago. I'm working on passing Calif smog when is tough for older cars. In the 70's and 80's they did not know that NOx was bad. Now that they discovered that, the cars of that era suffer in current smog tests. I tanked a pre-test and look forward to better thing after the Auto-Rx. I'm sure everyone will be waiting for the results.

Amsoil Series 3000 although im debating to try auto rx then go back to Amsoil ASL. If auto arx works ill use it every 30K.

Havoline (pre Deposit Shield) 5W-30 in a 2002 Chevy Impala with 85k miles. Ya gotta love the moly and the sinister black bottles.
grin.gif

Camry has 4 quarts of VP Raceing 5W30 and 2 onces of Power Service Diesel Lube Extender. So far in the 7000 miles it has been in the car it has only used 1/4 of a quart. I figured it would use some since this oil did not have the best NOAK number to start with. 1/4 quart though is not bad for 7000 miles. My goal is 10,000 mile or 6 months wich ever comes first. June will make 6 months so I am sure I will not make 10,000 miles.

For the most part the main issue I have seen in other peoples UOA with this oil is TBN retension. So at 3 months in I added 2 onces of the Diesel Lube extender. I do not want to over treat so that is why I went with 1/2 an once perquart instead of 1 once per quart. I might even pay for TBN testing this time around just to see what I have.

I can not remember what I put in the wifes car. Her Buick leaks from the pan so I do not put the good stuff in it normaly. I normaly use name brand dino 10W30 in it but I think I used 15W40Delo or 5W40 RTS last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back