What’s anyone’s experience with these options for SUV tires?

To my eye, there are a few things I like about each tire for different reasons...

Between those 2 specific tires, I would expect the LX25's deeper tread and softer rubber to deliver better traction and less noise in most conditions, except standing water/slush maybe wet ice (temps over freezing), where I would expect the more open tread blocks and siping of the Alenza to work a bit better.

Continental has new CrossContact ATR. It same design as TerrainContact A/T but different compound that has 3PMSF. It is OE tore on new VW Atlas Peak edition.

If you are looking to eliminate a vibration issue, I tend to agree with @The Critic that Michelin is probably your best choice.
My neighbor has some General Grabber HTS 60's on his 4Runner. We were doing the brakes as he was getting steering wheel shake on braking. The lugs were not torqued evenly and some really high. He bought pads and rotors already so we swapped them, that part is fixed, for now. When the tires were off I showed him the weights on his tires and recommended going to get them rebalanced somewhere else then where he got them. The fronts have over 8 ounces on each tire and all in one spot. On the post work test drive I could see the wheel shaking while just driving at 60mph.

He didn't listen to me when I recommended the Michelin tires originally. Some day maybe he will.

Last edited:
Back