Which tire?

I just noticed over the weekend that I believe that my wheels on my RAV4 is out of alignment. Unfortunately, I didn't catch it right of aways that now I have bald corners. I guessing the tread is around 3/32 to 4/32. I made it to 35,000 miles on the orginal Bridgestone Ecopia Plus tires. So I came up for these for replacements. Firestone Champion Fuel Fighter and Continental CrossContact LX25. I want to stick to Eco tires and both those have rebates. Continental says the CrossContact is Eco but seems to have decent traction vs. most eco tires out there. What do you think?

If the Pa in your location stands for PA Pennsylvania, then according to winter performance reviews on the internet tire store tirerack (they rated it an 8.9, and they rated the dedicated winter tire Bridgestone Blizzak an 9.3), and YouTube videos showing tires being used in winter conditions,

the BFGoodrich Advantage T/A sport LT with the TPMS (three peak mountain snow-flake) symbol rating has very good traction in winter conditions and the sport rating means it performs well in aggressive driving in the summer.

Some research on the internet shows that only recently has the improvements in rubber compounds and recent improvements in how the sipes in tires are designed, is it now possible to design a tire that is a very good winter tire, a very good summer tire, not noisy, and has a good tread life.

If you get these be sure they have the TPMS rating and symbol. There are older versions of this tire that were made before the recent improvements with-out this rating, and a few of those may still be being sold.

I have never liked Continental tires. I put them in the same bin as Goodyear. I hate Ford delivers my new trucks w the Continentals. Never been impressed and they are priced like Michelin’s. Michelin’s are 2Xs the tire as compared to Goodyear or Continental.

If the Pa in your location stands for PA Pennsylvania, then according to winter performance reviews on the internet tire store tirerack (they rated it an 8.9, and they rated the dedicated winter tire Bridgestone Blizzak an 9.3), and YouTube videos showing tires being used in winter conditions,

The numbers arent comparable between tire types. an eco tire with a 9 might be worse than a winter tire with a 6.

What it does show is people who use them in winter think they work well.

I have never liked Continental tires. I put them in the same bin as Goodyear. I hate Ford delivers my new trucks w the Continentals. Never been impressed and they are priced like Michelin’s. Michelin’s are 2Xs the tire as compared to Goodyear or Continental.
I notice a lot of tire reviews including Michelin seem they have someone who says they were short lived. Someone who really was happy with them. And someone who claims they were noisy. Your Ford's OEMs were probably a Continental ProConnect. Not what I am looking at.

I just noticed over the weekend that I believe that my wheels on my RAV4 is out of alignment. Unfortunately, I didn't catch it right of aways that now I have bald corners. I guessing the tread is around 3/32 to 4/32. I made it to 35,000 miles on the orginal Bridgestone Ecopia Plus tires. So I came up for these for replacements. Firestone Champion Fuel Fighter and Continental CrossContact LX25. I want to stick to Eco tires and both those have rebates. Continental says the CrossContact is Eco but seems to have decent traction vs. most eco tires out there. What do you think?
Have you looked at what Hankook or Toyo offers?

I second the BFGoodrich Advantage T/A sport LT. It's a great tire and it's also symmetrical. Most tires these days aren't anymore. Symmetrical tires give you a lot more flexibility when rotating making it easier for a tire to last longer due to more even wear.

Back