What're your home thermostat settings?

My wife forgot to turn the heat down the other day after showers and it got up to near 70 in the bedroom. Yuck! :eek: I slept with my light blanket half off of me. I still prefer around 60-65 and will tend to pull on a thicker blanket and be just as cozy warm when the bedroom drops into the 50s.

Blessed with a wife that shares my temperature ranges (now that "the change" has calmed down), we keep it at 67 at night, 70 in the morning for a few hours, then off unless its in the 30's or 40's all day in the cold months. In summer (the other 9 months lol) we are at 74 day and 71 night. All electric and resistive heating, our highest bills are in Jan/Feb. Average around 1000kw/mo. with water well, pumped septic 1500 sq ft.

Seems from reading that most of you have air conditioning, so can set a summer temperature.
I don't, but do have plenty of windows that open, and good blinds on all south facing windows.

Furnace 68
A/C 77

If I had Lotto level money I'd have a home with two systems. One would be set to heat at 70. One would be set to A/C at 76. The temperature would determine which system was running at any given time. And if/when one malfunctioned we wouldn't be uncomfortable for a day or three waiting on the service tech to get to us, just switch over the other system for that time. And every New Year and 4th of July swap which is which so both systems run both functions part of the time.

Back