What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier this year we purchase a pre-loved 2015 Toyota Tarago people mover with a 2.4 litre 4 cylinder petrol engine from a local Toyota dealer. It had about 80K Kms (50K Miles) when purchased. It had actually been their courtesy bus since new and had been regularly serviced including just before we purchased it. I assume a reasonable quality oil and filter was used at the time.

The dealer recommends servicing at 10,000km (6,000 Miles) or 6 months, whichever comes first. At the six month point it will only have travelled about 2,500 Kms (1,200 Miles).

My dilemma is should I change the oil and filter as recommended at six months, change the oil only and leave the filter, or wait until 12 months and 5,000kms (3,000 miles) for the service?

We have a mild climate here and most runs are around 20Km at modest highway speed with only one or two people on board.

Thanks!

Use a quality oil and filter and 6k miles/6 mo OCI should be fine.

Please check and maintain oil level.

Any oil is better than low/no oil.

Originally Posted by Rexinaus
We have a mild climate here and most runs are around 20Km at modest highway speed with only one or two people on board.

Based on that, go 12 months or 6000 miles.

With the kind of miles you're doing, I think once each year would be plenty often for oil and filter.
An interesting and smaller alternative to the Sienna we get here from Toyota.

If the 6month/10k km isn't a warranty requirement, then I'd modify it to 10k km/1yr. Surely you can find the time to get the oil changed once a year, no?

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by Rexinaus

Based on that, go 12 months or 6000 miles.

I agree.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
If the 6month/10k km isn't a warranty requirement, then I'd modify it to 10k km/1yr. Surely you can find the time to get the oil changed once a year, no?

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back