What would clean turbo oil feed lines?

Maybe you should read what the OP is looking for.
I read the OP’s post. Why should I steer OP to an additive or flush when there are fully-formulated, certified oils that can address his issue and concerns? Even an expensive oil that fixes his issues is more cost effective than an overpriced additive of questionable effect and quality.

I read the OP’s post. Why should I steer OP to an additive or flush when there are fully-formulated, certified oils that can address his issue and concerns? Even an expensive oil that fixes his issues is more cost effective than an overpriced additive of questionable effect and quality.
Oh that goes well with your signature which means 'everything must be doubted' I think you are giving yourself away. Trying to destroy another thread you are. All of my statements have been to do with the OP's question up to now.

Oh that goes well with your signature which means 'everything must be doubted' I think you are giving yourself away. Trying to destroy another thread you are. All of my statements have been to do with the OP's question up to now.
Actually, it’s “question everything”. And I’m definitely questioning your ability to think logically, since this is an oil site. If a question is asked about a problem caused by oil, and it can be fixed by using a better oil, we should, as tenants on this board, give the best advice concerning what can fix the OPs issue without resorting to measures that can cause more risk.

You’re simply trying to argue and get yet another thread locked. #ignore

There is an inherent problem with GM 1.4 Turbo engines in that the turbo oil feed line is routed very close to the exhaust manifold. Oil gets cooked after so many miles. Frequent oil changes seem to help but I was wondering is there any oil additive, as a preventive measure, that would maybe help with some of the hardened deposits from this feed line.

How close is the Turbo Feed Line to the Exhaust Manifold? Is there some sort of aftermarket exhaust shield that is sold for this issue?

Didn’t say it was. I said to use an oil with esters and AN to do the cleaning. There are several available to meet various specifications & certifications.
Do you have any examples of one of these meeting his vehicles/manufacturer's requirements?

Do you have any examples of one of these meeting his vehicles/manufacturer's requirements?
The best one I’d recommend has d1G3 approved chemistry but is not “certified” because there’s no sense in paying for a name.
If I’ve got time later, I may see if some shelf-stock oils meet OPs needs. Mobil EP would likely be a solid guess, but as @OVERKILL’s filter showed, even EP leaves some deposits. Time to call in the heavy hitter 😉

Last edited:
The best one I’d recommend has d1G3 approved chemistry but is not “certified” because there’s no sense in paying for a name.
Are there others then that would be 100% ok to use by GM?

Are there others then that would be 100% ok to use by GM?
I stand corrected; because of the “engine oil meeting the Dexos standard” and not requiring one that is stamped/“certified” dexos, then yes the OP would be able to use HPL that contains the d1G3 add pack. Good thing we checked! 😉

Page from OM:

Attachments

• 71F5EC9C-0D97-4FA9-B484-FD9686F54CE5.jpeg
    71F5EC9C-0D97-4FA9-B484-FD9686F54CE5.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 13
I stand corrected; because of the “engine oil meeting the Dexos standard” and not requiring one that is stamped/“certified” dexos, then yes the OP would be able to use HPL that contains the d1G3 add pack. Good thing we checked! 😉

Page from OM:
It says recommended anyway so the wild west it is! YEEEHAAAWWWW pew pew pew!

Just run some Redline Performance Euro 5w-30 ( Ester/lower calcium the 5w-40 Euro and your 1.4 T and LSPI), or Motul Sport (Ester) , or HPL should have something, or Valveoline Premium Blue Restore that is use for diesel trucks to clean carbon jammed ring lands/carbon and has a good chunk of cleaning Ester in it. Don't get all caught up in "approvals" as running any of these oils every once and a while on your OEM turbo will hurt nothing. Infact any of these will probably be the best oil you every had in your engine. Modern day oil are so good these days, it's not like you putting Jim's Sparkle Oil in. All the above oils are top tier. I would rather have these oils in my engine and do a slow/slow-medium cleaning then "cleaners" doing a quick fast enema job on your engine.

https://shopmotul.com/product/sport-5w-40

Last edited:
Just run some Redline Performance Euro 5w-30 ( Ester/lower calcium the 5w-40 Euro and your 1.4 T and LSPI), or Motul Sport (Ester) , or HPL should have something, or Valveoline Premium Blue Restore that is use for diesel trucks to clean carbon jammed ring lands/carbon and has a good chunk of cleaning Ester in it. Don't get all caught up in "approvals" as running any of these oils every once and a while on your OEM turbo will hurt nothing. Infact any of these will probably be the best oil you every had in your engine. Modern day oil are so good these days, it's not like you putting Jim's Sparkle Oil in. All the above oils are top tier. I would rather have these oils in my engine and do a slow/slow-medium cleaning then "cleaners" doing a quick fast enema job on your engine.

https://shopmotul.com/product/sport-5w-40

That's not the right HPL:

Page from OM:
Also I'm pretty sure the OEM here intends "meeting" to mean an oil stamped with that Dexos label but like "recommended" it's all a wording game w/r to an owner's comfort level with using any oil that is ambiguous w/r to the OEM.

Back