What Was I Thinking?

I wasn't.

The family went on a vacation to Emerald Isle, NC. Since it is 9 of us went, I decided to take my Blackstone primarily for breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, etc.

Wow, I now have a "rusty" Blackstone. I had no idea just week would rust all the bolts and hangers and joints and griddle and ......

Never again will I take any of my griddles to use outside on the oceanfront. Stupid is as stupid does. I'm so aggravated I am fighting the urge to
buy a new one as a replacement. I just need a few more days and my logic should come back. Time helps many things.

Salt is the enemy.

You think you have it rough, imagine coming in to do compressor rinses every time your guys fly near the ocean!

Shouldn't be too hard to get your griddle back in good shape.

You are supposed to use the bacon grease to coat everything as a rust preventive.

You would actually buy another one because the first one is rusty? What a waste.

My Daughter in Law is the cook. She is amazing!
She did every breakfast, 1 supper with home made pasta and sauce and one boil ( with crab legs).

Salt is the enemy.

You think you have it rough, imagine coming in to do compressor rinses every time your guys fly near the ocean!

Shouldn't be too hard to get your griddle back in good shape.
I just didn’t imagine what just the salty air would do.

We took our rinses seriously ;)

1658800688191.jpg

Well, I am definitely reducing my level of ignorance. It's a whole nuther world out there..... ;)

it sounds like your grill is made of a very poor grade of iron/steel to be THAT sensitive!

I just didn’t imagine what just the salty air would do.
yeah…

I’m quite familiar with what salty air can do. I’m less than a hundred yards from the salt water.

People really underestimate the power/effect of salt-laden damp air.

Like the rando BITOG guy telling me that I don’t know anything about vehicle rust because I live in Virginia…He clearly never had anything by the beach…

I guess so...
Yeah, I’m not all that confident that the Blackstone is made of high quality metal, but they are (as you know) fantastic regardless.

What I would do if I were you...I’d spray all the bolts, hinges, joints, down with a penetrating oil...remove the rust, wipe it off, then spray all off those surfaces with Fluid Film. The first week I had my Blackstone I sprayed every crevice of that thing with Fluid Film...and it’ll be going in my garage for the winter.

But everything that lives near the ocean is pelted with salt, still I would have expected better for only a week.

yeah…

I’m quite familiar with what salty air can do. I’m less than a hundred yards from the salt water.

People really underestimate the power/effect of salt-laden damp air.

Like the rando BITOG guy telling me that I don’t know anything about vehicle rust because I live in Virginia…He clearly never had anything by the beach…
The water off Virginia Beach is some salty water from what I remember. I never could float very good in a swimming pool but I had no problem doing it there.

Back