What viscosity for a 92 volvo 240 wagon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so in the summer time i could use 15w-40 in my moms b230f? 94 940 non turbo.. just want to double check

For 2005, Volvo and Castrol has formulated a new oil for Europe. I wrote Castrol the following asking about this oil:
quote:

I was browsing the Volvo website and came across a page that discussed a new synthetic oil developed for Volvo engines with Castrol:
http://www.volvocars.com/Services/Repairandmaintenance/channel2/
"Volvo and Castrol have developed a new oil quality, fully synthetic oil especially adapted for the new Volvo engines. The new oil complies with the requirements governing the new service intervals of 30,000 km or 1 year. "

Can you please tell me more about this product? Thanks.

They replied with the following:
quote:

The oil referred to is marketed in Europe as Castrol Formula SLX R-Tec. Please see attached the product data sheet for the product.

Castrol is not importing the product for Volvo and do not know if they are importing it themselves, we would recommend contacting Volvo regarding obtaining the product. We believe this oil is only for the European market for the time being.

Thank you for contacting Castrol, The Technology Leader!

You can see a picture of this oil on the Swedish Castrol site. It is a 0W-30. I have not had any luck finding out whether this oil will be available in the states so I assume it won't. The dealers here all use GTX 10W-30 for 7500 mile OCIs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back