What type of motor oil should I get for my car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by wjeszy
Yes, of course, I just don't really understand it. I am an IT person and I don't know much about cars.
In the manual, there are different interval charts. Some suggest less shorter and longer change intervals. Which one to use? And also it does not say if I have synthetic or regular in the car?

Well how many hours does it take you to drive across Guam on the Freeway? How much Freeway driving do you do if the answer is zero you use the sever service schedule.

Every time someone mentions Guam I am reminded of Hank Johnson, the Rep from Georgia who made that ultimately stupid suggestion about that island tipping over.

A thousand facepalms.

PimTac yes I was kind thong in checking that one.

Okay so i can just change it every 6000 miles and I put synthetic since its probably the one already in the car. Correct?
T...jbJzIGPFiLa_bhqZYei1XPEmMf=w1302-h977-no

Last edited:
Actually wrong! According to the Manual city driving is way more damaging to the oil than regular highway driving. The manual says that city stop and go driving is a severe driving condition.

Originally Posted by das_peikko
Chevron Supreme 5W-30 changed every 2000 miles. Yes I said two thousand.

That's a waste of good oil. He would be changing it constantly. He has 6000 miles on it since January.

...³...³...³...³ðŸ¤”🤔🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
He's an idiot !!
He only represents inside I-285 of Georgia

Actually wrong! According to the Manual city driving is way more damaging to the oil than regular highway driving. The manual says that city stop and go driving is a severe driving condition.

Correct! Use synthetic with that turbo and change 5-6K. Use a filter with silicone (red) ADBV.

To make it simple for you, yes, use the 5w-30 Amazon Basics syn every 5000 miles.

Your Hyundai comes with conventional oil from the factory, and the factory OCI (with conventional oil) is 7500 miles for regular service, 3750 for severe service.

5000 miles is a nice easy number to remember and is easily doable with synthetic regardless of driving conditions.

Originally Posted by blupupher
To make it simple for you, yes, use the 5w-30 Amazon Basics syn every 5000 miles.

Your Hyundai comes with conventional oil from the factory, and the factory OCI (with conventional oil) is 7500 miles for regular service, 3750 for severe service.

5000 miles is a nice easy number to remember and is easily doable with synthetic regardless of driving conditions.

Perfect!
Also mention to Hyundai owners that Hyundai has it's own website (hyundaiusa.com) that pops-up as myhyundai and you can download all your at-home oil changes there, for safe-keeping records. It even has a blank box where you can comment. You can put what kind of oil - it's viscosity - what oil filter - even UPCs from receipts and place / date of purchase.

Yes, of course, I just don't really understand it. I am an IT person and I don't know much about cars.
In the manual, there are different interval charts. Some suggest less shorter and longer change intervals. Which one to use? And also it does not say if I have synthetic or regular in the car?

Seriously?
You work in IT and cant understand a simple owners manual on oil changing?

I agree. How in the world did he put 6k miles in 3 months on Guam?

Originally Posted by ka9mnx

I agree. How in the world did he put 6k miles in 3 months on Guam?

This is a troll thread.

You probably have break in oil in the car now and I would change it right away and change the filter too. Then fill it up with the 5-30 and use a good synthetic and a high quality filter.

First off, don't do 10,000 oil changes with a GDI and you never said if it was a turbo. Just a note: Hyundai IS NOTORIOUS for trying voiding warranty if your motor is slugged up, so that means go synthetic and change on the lower end of what they say. If you have a Hyundai turbo, I would use 4,000 OCI, if 100% hwy 5,000 OCI. But your on an island, so scratch that last figure.

Hyundai's usually come with Quaker State Advanced Durability motor oil, NOT the Enhanced semi.

Oh yea, dump that FF oil ASAP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back