What TV Shows Do All You Oil Nuts Watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
House if I'm reading and the boss is watching it.

I spent over 30 minutes trying to find the image that went along with this one ..with the monster reading a book in bed (and grunting).

After an hour of watching House talk dirty to women:

9820248_gal.jpg

Occasionally the local news and weather. Other than that I prefer not to park myself in front of a television and feel my brain turn to mush.

If I need entertainment I'll read a good book.

CSI Miami
CSI New York
Law&Order SVU
Cold Case
Without A Trace
SouthLand
Survivor
Hells Kitchen
Kitchen Nightmares
60 Minutes
Cops
America's Most Wanted
Criminal Minds
I dropped Law and Order&The original CSI as I don't like the new actors.

Here goes:

Heroes
NCIS
Ghost Hunters
Lost
Supernatural
Smallville
Ugly Betty
Bones
Dexter
Entourage
Californication
Mad Men
the Tudors

Last edited:
The OP asked TV shows but I tend to watch in terms of network programing along with some all time TV favorites...

History Channel
Science Channel
CNBC
Bloomberg
Fox News
PBS
HBO
AMC
FMC
X-Files
Seinfeld
Sanford And Son

I also like watching the Red Green Show on PBS and Handyman Corner is the best,using mostly duct tape being called handyman's secret weapon.Mind Of Mencina is another one one,by Comedian Carlos Mencina,I like his favorite slogan for stupid people: Dee,Dee,Dee and he speaks his mind out

Anything on Discovery Channel (US & CAN), Discovery Civilization or Science Channel from Dish network.
grin2.gif

Doesn't matter the program all their content is good IMO.
grin2.gif

Discovery Civilization???? Hmmm, seems like we USED to have that on cable....I think I liked it....

Oh, BTW, History International tops History Channel any day... I've yet to see what Ice Road Truckers, Ax Men, UFO Hunters and the like have to do with history.... I mean,[censored]?

Yup we got Discovery Civilization from my Satelite provider Star Choice.

I can't stand History channels... At least the ones we have on Canadian TV, they are snoring-boring IMO.
grin2.gif

I also should add that I love the shows: Driving Television (Canada Only), TWO Guys Garage, Horsepower TV, Trucks. Too much good stuff.
thumbsup2.gif

Top Gear is my top pick! Also The Daily Show.

Otherwise when I watch TV which is irregularly, I see what's on BBC America, CNN, History Chanel or the Science Channel. Dexter and Breaking Bad are really good.

They need to do another season of Deadwood.

Old favorites: Dr Who, Red Dwarf, 6ft Under..........I miss those a lot.

Last edited:
Yeah, I stopped watching house when they got rid of the regular cast and hired the new folks. I think they realized that was a mistake since one of them killed themself.

Since I don't want to spend the money for major-league cable, I'm pretty much down to:

-- House
-- Reruns of Seinfeld, Star Trek the Next Generation, or Two and a Half Men
-- Some of the Law and Order group -- I won't watch the Special Victims thing, since it's almost always got a man as the villain. But the L & O (original flavor) and Criminal Intent will often hook me
-- Classic movies on my local PBS station
-- Joss Whedon's new one, Dollhouse
-- I used to be right in there with Ugly Betty, but I missed several episodes in a row, and I have no idea what's going on
-- And, though I hate to admit it, the new Beverly Hills 90210

We are about to start Season 4 of Breaking Bad. What a great show. One of the best I've seen.

For me I find that the VAST majority of TV simply stinks. I pay too much for what I get but really don't have much choice unless I just use the internet for all my viewing needs.
What I do enjoy on TV is as follows:
1. [censored] On Wheels
Very good western story about the people that were involved in the making of the intercontinental railroad. They have some interesting characters as well as a very attractive lead female actress I can't take my eyes off of.
2. Wheeler Dealers
Pretty good British show about fixing up and selling used vehicles. It's not bad but at times I find the hosts a bit boring.
3. No Reservations
I kind of like the sarcastic and honest host.
4. Monk
Gotta say I like this cancelled show, especially with the latest gal. Pretty funny and with good characters.
5. Fox News
Fast paced and a bit less biased.
6. American Experience on PBS
When not spewing out leftist rhetoric, the program is often well done and interesting.
7. AMC
The older I get the more I appreciate old movies. Much better writing and story lines than much of today's flashy, computer generated junk.

Other than those shows I pretty much just channel surf and stop at whatever interests me at the given moment. I must admit though that even with all the loads of channels I have available, most of the time TV is just a waste of time.

Top Gear
Anything on WW2
Boardwalk Empire
Sons of Anarchy
Walking Dead
[censored] on Wheels
And a ton of Anime.
Just watched the new FMA movie last night and caught up on season 2 of Last Exile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back