What TV Shows Do All You Oil Nuts Watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NCIS
My Name is Earl (I'm ticked about it being cancelled, as well)
Original CSI
Top Gear (those guys are hoots and drive some really cool cars)
Monk
South Park (I know, I know I'm supposed to be too old for this, but Cartman just cracks me up!)

Law and Order seems to be a favorite at our place.
I watch F1 when its on.
NHL playoffs have been very good this year, it will be interesting to see how long Pittsburg lasts this year against Detroit.
Canada in the Rough(hunting show)
Volvo Ocean race is good right now.
Canadian Geographic if its a new one.
New Yankee workshop sometimes.
Hells Kitchen, I wish they talked more about the food though.
PBS American Experience is good sometimes.

I might watch 5 or 6 hours a week normally, during hockey playoffs add a few more hours.
The local video store rents 3 movies for $4 for 3 days so I do that once in a while too.

Lost
Terminator:Sarah Connor Chronicles (before it was cancelled)
Star Trek Enterprise and Voyager reruns
Military Channel
Science Channel
Nova

I love the History Channel but I hate the following with a passion:
Monster Quest
Ax Men
Ice Road Truckers
Gangland

Oh, and NEVER join the History Channel "Club." Biggest scam since Columbia House.
mad.gif

I watch the news and business channels, sometimes the History Channel, Speed if there's an actual race on.

Is there a channel that has fallen farther and faster than Speed? It used to have some good racing, but now it's got to be the lamest concoction of pure drivvel like Pinks, tatooed chopper nonsense, and Nopi ricer [censored] that you couldn't pay me to watch. They don't even have V8 Supercars anymore, for crying out loud.

Maybe a movie if anything good is on.

Television is mostly a huge waste of time. Philo Farnsworth would be very disappointed.

only stuff worth watching now is

Supernatural, we love this show... gives me goosebumps every time

How I met your mother... very funny. my wife was going to buy me "the bro code" for fathers day http://www.amazon.com/Bro-Code-Barney-Stinson/dp/143911000X

Wife likes House and THe Medium, sometimes i watch the medium and its OK but very drawn out.

If there is nothing on sometimes SVU or CI is OK.

Oh, and i love south park when my darling wife relaxes the censorship code in the house. she hates that show!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Win

Is there a channel that has fallen farther and faster than Speed? It used to have some good racing, but now it's got to be the lamest concoction of pure drivvel like Pinks, tatooed chopper nonsense, and Nopi ricer [censored] that you couldn't pay me to watch. They don't even have V8 Supercars anymore, for crying out loud.

Speed got bought out by Fox in 2001. Fox eventually decided it wanted to widen the demographic. I think there was a good (ie funny) article in Car and Driver about it. I remember the original SpeedVision had some bizarre races!!!

I have not had television- aerial, cable or satellite- for over five years now... Is there anything actually WORTH watching?

I did like Law and Order and a fair amount of stuff on the Discovery Channel but that was aboot it. The Taxidermy Network was not all that exciting while it lasted but The Foundry Channel was WAY cool with all the stuff they casted, forged, machined, etc.

Bones,Mythbusters,Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe,most of the car related shows.I do watch Tv although I did switch to Direct TV from Comcast Cable.The bills were too high for Comcast,$127.00 a month and we get great service from Direct TV.They even shipped out a new remote once for free,being great customers

Yep, I switched to direct tv 4 years ago and it has been a great savings compared to Comcast. I believe, after my extra channels and everything is added in, I pay $84 a month. And since they have local weather added into the Weather Channel now, even better!

Hard to take much television these days. I keep giving shows that I bypassed before a 2nd chance, but it's pretty much due to everything else being so lame.

I watch NCIS only because I've watched all the L&O's 43 times. I miss the Israeli. I could not get into it when it first came out. Now I don't care if it has any parallel to reality. Before I'd say, "You've got to be kidding me" ..but, like the "Gates" you need to get past the props to figure out the real content.

I haven't liked Monk since the trashy girl got replaced. She was very nice, but I tend to get unhealthy impressions of adult women that dress like they just entered high school. Sharona???

Burn Notice is a dandy show. It looked like the setting was going to get lame with some standard props (like Bruce Campbell being Highlander's bar tender friend type thing ..or any number of other stationary props in human form) ..but it still manages to entertain fairly well. The narrative is hilarious.

I watch House ..and it's more or less the same format as NCIS except instead of Gibbs being a nice guy 'head ..you get a really primal insulting drug addict pervert that insults all the babeage on the show with amazing ease.

CSI ..it's rough for me since they have so many standard props that even getting to the personalities to figure out what the show is about gets difficult.

Now Family Man is really my type of warped sickness in broadcast form. I mean REALLY. I would come up with something like this..

..but I really can't sit through it. I'm sorta sitting there in shameful awe of what must have happened to us to bring such oddities into prime time or near prime time.

Even Caligula wondered if he was going to far when he looked at his enormous ring that he was about to use on Proculus on his wedding day.

I watch House. Used to like the Scrubs when they were on Fox - when it wen to the ABC, it became lame and artificial. Scrubs was perhaps the best and realistic medical show ever.

For general entertainment, it's Law and Order - CI, and the other Law and Order shows. On Saturdays it's Monk reruns.

Other than that, we watch DVD-s. Now we are going through the Married...with Children series.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: Cooper
My wife and I watch a lot of TV shows on the DVR. We put the kids to bed and spend some quality time with our TV...lol

My most heartfelt condolences.

Right now I do not watch any TV shows at all, because "my" shows are on hiatus (or cancelled). I think I haven't had my TV on once since January. I did watch these two shows online instead of on TV:

1. Lost
2. Fringe
3. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
4. Bones (every once in a while I watch an episode -- it's a fairly amusing show, but the "cases" are totally uninteresting)

Over the course of the summer I will likely watch many episodes of Lost one more time.

The quality time with the TV comment was all sarcasm. We do usually watch one hour or so of tv a night before spending quality time with each other. Helps relax you from the evening with my two boys who are under 3.

NEWS / FINANCES : 1.) CNBC 2.) BLOOMBERG 3.) WORLD FOCUS 4.) CBS- " Up To The Minute " ( recorded ) . COMEDY : 1.) BILL MAHER (H.B.O.) 2.) My Name Is Earl 3.) Family Guy 4.) Americn Dad 5.)The Simpsons 6.) David Letterman 7.) JAY LENO 8.) Craig Ferguson , and CONAN when on late night . Then there's the old stuff like " THE CRITIC " , " THE P.J.s " ( great in HD ) , " FUTURAMA " and movies on occasion , usually SCI-FI , Horror , and old westerns in HD ( Eastwood , etc. ) . As for music : 1.) PALLADIA HD and VH1 Classics for classic rock stuff such as " SOUNDSTAGE " , THIN LIZZY - Live , HEART " Dreamboat Annie " concert , etc.. Nice to have DVR to record these shows and fast forward through the commercials ( trim the fat ) to get to the meat of the matter . :- )

Last edited:
forgot " HOUSE " , " FRINGE " , " TRUE BLOOD " , and " CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM " . Was watching FEAR NET until it got yanked , liked their " FEAR ITSELF " horror series and HD movies . :- (

Last edited:
WGN coverage of Cubs/ White Sox since I used to live south of Chicago.

Family Guy
Cops
Most Shocking/Daring
Haunted Places (ghost shows except that aggravating one they film in darkness with the lady always screaming her head off. I want to see the ghost, not the gomer describing the ghost)
Beavis and Butthead
Indians games (sometimes)
Original Star Trek and Next Generation
Mr. Bean
Three's Company
Speed Racer

The Bill
Silent Witness
Wire in the Blood
Hustle
Foyle's War
Heartbeat
The Royal
Dr Who
Monroe
Battlefield Britian
Grand Designs
Time Team
Anything from Michael Palin
Red Dwarf
Spooks
Mumbai Calling
The Royal Today
Scrapheap Challenge
The Cook and the Chef
Spicks and Specks
The Graham Norton Show
The Ascent of Money
The Worst Week Of My Life
New Tricks

Dr Who (when it's available)
Top Gear
Rockwiz
Mythbusters (when it's newish)
Iron chef (when it's not the 8th repeat)
Master Chef

Any of the junkyard/scrapheap shows that happens to be current at the time.

Random docos that take my fancy
Random cooking shows that take my fancy

House if I'm reading and the boss is watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back