What to do with 6 oz of AutoRX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to maximize my 3 bottles of AutoRX I ordered, Frank, since we're on a very tight budget right now. I have two high mileage vehicles that are each running their 1st bottle. One is a '95 Hyundai Accent (99k miles) with no leaks, but an oil consumption problem (~1qt every 1200-1500 mi). The other is a '94 Mustang GT (92k mi) with a minor rear seal leak. The Mustang only gets driven about 100-200 miles a month, so it'll be anywhere from 5-8 months before the 1st dose is finished. Since the A/T on the Accent is due to be flushed soon anyhow, I'd like to use half of the 3rd bottle there. Since a 2nd dose of AutoRX is preceeded by 1500 miles of straight oil, I figure I have that amount of time to decide whether I need to order more bottles for a 2nd dose for one or both cars. So, I will have 6 oz. of AutoRX left over and am wondering what the best way to use it will be:

A)two separate maintanence doses on the Accent in the event I don't need a 2nd full bottle application
B)dump the full 6 oz. in the Accent (only 3.5 qt sump) and consider it a "full dose" for a 2nd application after the 1500 mile "between doses" period is complete.
C)use 3 oz in the Mustang's manual tranny (less than 3 qt capacity) and 3 oz for a single maintanence dose on the Accent.

What would you recommend, A, B, or C?

I phrased this question to Frank, but all other opinions are welcome.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Frank:
timzak use the 6 ounces you have left over in your
item "B" Mustang not the issue. Please go back to
www.auto-rx.com and click on application link and
revisit "How to stop a seal leak"

Thanks, Frank. Your wording confuses me a little. First you say the Mustang is not the issue, then you refer me to "how to stop a seal leak, which the Mustang has. Are you saying deal with the seal leak later (because of low miles driven), and use the 6oz as a 2nd "full" dose on the Accent right now?

Hey timzak,

Obviously, Frank's the guy to get the real answers from, but that won't stop me from voicing an opinion.
grin.gif

A) This sounds good if you plan on continuing the maintenance process. If you're just looking to use up the last 6oz of A-Rx this way, I'd go with option "D".
B) Not really close to a "full" dose, since you need 2oz for each qt of oil and 2oz for the filter, or 9oz total. This would be my next-to-last choice.
C) I like the tranny part of this option, but have the same reservations as "A" on the maintenance dose part. The first 1/2 of this would be my 1st choice.
D) "Hold onto it for now." Whether it's 9oz, 6oz or 3oz of leftover, you could just put it on the shelf & save it for future use (like when you have to buy more for a different vehicle, or if a friend's/family's tranny needs a dose). I would do this after treating the Mustang's tranny.

But like I said, Frank's "The Man."
cool.gif

Eiron,

Thanks for the feedback. I should have thought this through before dumping all 12 oz in the Accent.
pat.gif
If I put 9 oz instead of 12, then I'd have 9 oz left over for a 2nd "full" dose (The Mustang has a 5 qt capacity, so dumping the whole bottle into it was kosher). I'll wait to see if Frank can clarify his reply for me.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back