What sludge? Under the valve cover at 96k miles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
427Z06, That is a good point!! I too wounder how many engines are saved or get extended lives because of freq. oil changes?????

The Critic,
Here is the kicker though. The condition of the spark plug tube seal is a good indication of how the others are doing in this engine. It stands to reason that any other gasket in this engine that is made of simalr materials and is exposed to oil will be in close to the same condition. An aut0-rx treatment would be a good idea!!! It has an uncanny ability to restore seals that are not mechaicaly or chemicaly damaged to close to their origanal state. I would not worry too much about the varnish it does not sound like you care anyway so do not start now. Auto-Rx will remove varnish but it is really slow and often takes mutilple treatments to get it all. I like Lube Control for better for varnish removal but LC will not do anything to restore you seals!!

That's possibly true John, however, the other kicker is that spark plug tube seal failures are very common on these cars for some weird reason. Many people on SaturnFans have had to replace theirs and many people there are religious 3k OCI guys...Could be related, could be not. Auto-RX is going in later this year.

dunno.gif

If anything stick to the oil change interval but don't be a fool and use Fram when you have better and cheaper options like Supertech.

Come one, Michael .....

worth.gif

Quit jerking around and make that cell phone image work. Like you said "the clock is ticking"
laugh.gif

Well, I just talked to G-MAN. Hopefully we can get something worked out with those video files I have here.

Darn, no dice. We couldn't get 'em to work. Could anyone help me host some video files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back