What possible use for this narrow industrial lot being auctioned?

****, don't know about that.. If it was closer to the bay I'd suggest winter boat storage.. If I could build on that lot, and I had enough money to burn, I'd build a small structure and set up a nice garage space with a lift and some amenities of home there. Finally have a lift and wouldn't have to crawl around in a dirt driveway!

It is surprising what they can do with small lots. Near us one single city lot had the old house razed and three high density apartment buildings went in. It’s a eyesore for the neighborhood.

Since this is zoned industrial it could become storage or expansion property.

Depends on what the required setback is. Often you aren't allowed to build right up to the lot line, but must be some distance away (like 5 feet in some places).

Wonder what the original subdivision reason was. Perhaps a right of way for backland? Would think an abutter would want to protect their interests and purchase it.

Interesting that it doesn't show up on the municipalities lot structure on their zoning map? I can't think of a good use for it in an industrial setting? If you can think of something I would see who owns it now and why one of the adjacent owners doesn't have it already? I'd assume the current owner wants them to get into a bidding war?

There is a piece of land that is similar to that we have our travel trailer stored out here in Salt Lake City.

Really short drag strip? Only thing I can think of is put up a fence with a toll both ang chage people walking from the parking lot to work.

I would put solar panels on it and work a deal to sell power “behind the meter” to the large building next door. The company I work for has a customer who developes industrial rooftop solar sites and large carport solar sites in Maryland and surrounding states. They seem to be successful at it and get a nice cash flow stream for their investors.

I bet it was planned as a railway easement.
That went away or never happened and its being auctioned because its worthless.

I bet it was planned as a railway easement.
That went away or never happened and its being auctioned because its worthless.

I think you're right, I remember a railroad crossing near that area in the 90s, it was out of service then and the tracks were later removed.

EDIT: This railroad owns the tracks north of MD 26 and they had plans to rebuild the railway across MD 26 that were cancelled, which is likely why this siding never happened: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkersville_Southern_Railroad

Last edited:
I think you're right, I remember a railroad crossing near that area in the 90s, it was out of service then and the tracks were later removed.

EDIT: This railroad owns the tracks north of MD 26 and they had plans to rebuild the railway across MD 26 that were cancelled, which is likely why this siding never happened: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkersville_Southern_Railroad

I've ridden on that railroad, and yeah it was OK, but it would have been better if it had gone into town.

Back