What P/S fluid for Hyundai???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2002 Hyundai Sonata, the owners manual states to use "PSF3" power steering fluid. I guess that is Hyundai's specification, but the dealer says they don't sell any Hyundai PSF, they just use ATF.

I'm planning on calling Hyundai and asking their advice, as I want to do a p/s flush and fill. Does anyone know if there is a good aftermarket fluid that works good in Hyundai's? Can I just use something like STPs PSF, or like the Valvoline synthetic stuff? None of them state that they are ok for Hyundais, they just say ok for GM and Ford, but don't use in Hondas.

Thanks.

Its just a PS system and nothing but a hydraulic fluid. If the dealer uses ATF without problems, you can too.

Use a quality synthetic PSF or ATF. Redline/Valvoline/Amsoil/Redline/Mobil1/Specialtyformulations/.... have good fluids to choose from.

I just changed out some gunky ps fluid in a 2001 hyundai accent, I used redline that I already had.
The steering effort was much less initially. It has "stabalized" though and isnt THAT much less now.
Seems to be working normal after 1000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back