What Oil for Supercharged Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: lazaro
Originally Posted By: buster
Mobil 1 10w30 or 0w40.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Synthetics/Mobil_1_Heat_Protection.aspx

1,500F

Were competitive brands included in testing of the Mobil High Endurance Motor Oil line? If so, which brands and how did they perform compare to the Mobil products?

We do not cite competitive brands that we test against. This line-up has set a new standard in oil change intervals. We can assure you that the products were tested against quality products that are representative of branded competition.

I can tell you that Mobil 1 will handle heat as good as any other synthetic on the market including Redline & Amsoil.

Mobil doesn't fool around with 4-ball wear tests or other gimmicky bench tests. The quality of the oil speaks for itself which is why it's so popular in racing.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Synthetics/Mobil_1_Proven_Superiority.aspx

I can tell you that Mobil 1 will handle heat as good as any other synthetic on the market including Redline & Amsoil.

I really doubt that, especially in RedLine's case.

RedLine 30-weight flash points are all between 250-252 deg. C, M1 0W-40 is 230 deg. C, M1 10W-30 is 224 deg. C.

It's hard to beat RedLine oils for any oil fed power adders, centrifugal s/c or turbo.

Originally Posted By: panthermike
yes pics, PM sent

Hey, don't hold out. Post them pics
grin2.gif

look here>>> http://rides.popularhotrodding.com/ride/1017444/ranchopower/1969/ford/ranchero/index.html

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT

I really doubt that, especially in RedLine's case.

RedLine 30-weight flash points are all between 250-252 deg. C, M1 0W-40 is 230 deg. C, M1 10W-30 is 224 deg. C.

It's hard to beat RedLine oils for any oil fed power adders, centrifugal s/c or turbo.

Flash point doesn't tell you much. In some grades, Redline would probably handle higher temps better but in dealing with gasoline engines and not jet engines, I don't know what benefit you would gain.

my dad has a s/c 05 mustang cobra and a na 03 one. i know there are a lot of Royal Purple haters on here but he runs it in both of them and they run very good! he was running M1 but switched due to some recommendation of RP stopping valve noise or something. sorry i'm not more clear on the details

M1 TDT 5w40.

That's what I'm running in mine.

302's are a fantastic engine, I've owned 4, currently own 3. Only one that has any "oil consumption" issues is in a 1974 Glasstron and I'm the 4th owner and it has more hours on it than I'd like to think about. It's being swapped out for an HO out of a 'stang or LSC at some point.

I've had great results with both M1 0w40 and M1 TDT 5w40.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 302 loves 5W-40 also. I use Rotella-T synthetic, though. No consumption, no leaks. For this particular engine, I'd be looking at GC 0W-30, M1 0W-40, or a 5W-40 HDEO.

Originally Posted By: Jaymus
My 302 loves 5W-40 also. I use Rotella-T synthetic, though. No consumption, no leaks. For this particular engine, I'd be looking at GC 0W-30, M1 0W-40, or a 5W-40 HDEO.

RTS is another favourite for these engines for sure!

yes pics, PM sent

Hey, don't hold out. Post them pics
grin2.gif

look here>>> http://rides.popularhotrodding.com/ride/1017444/ranchopower/1969/ford/ranchero/index.html

Nice car Lazaro. My girlfriend's grandfather owns a 71' Ranchero, looks very similar to yours. You run 25K oil changes in that car as well? Again nice car, don't see too many around.

I run AMSOIL 10w40 oil with bypass and I dont plan on any changes ever, so far the oil has been in there 2 years, but the milage is less than 5000 miles, I drive it to the dump, the boat ramp, the drag strip, and when I get the itch to blow some steam.
The car is my anger managment class
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back