What Oil for Supercharged Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ready to change the oil on my 1990 Mustang GT. I just had a Vortech S-Trim installed not too long ago. What's the best Synthetic oil to use. I live in South Texas & it is always HOT over here.

Thanks!

the best? oh boy here we go!!!
306? 5 speed? how much rwhp?
nice ride is it a coupe?
what trim Vortech?

Last edited:
You need something stout with a higher HTHS. Red Line or Amsoil (ACD) would be what I would drop in. By the way that is a nice ride and sure pulls like a screamer on that dyno! Very good job at plumbing everything in too- engine compartment looks mighty clean
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: PeralWhiteGT
Originally Posted By: lazaro
nice ride is it a coupe?
what trim Vortech?

5 Speed
400rwhp
Vortech S-Trim
10psi max boost
It's not a coupe, it's a GT.

Here is the vid from the dyno.
http://ccstreetscene.com/multimedia/mike/mikedyno.wmv

hatch is my favorite, I had a few 10/15 years ago I have a 85GT now hatch all OEM.
I would love to find you on the street at a stoplight with my Ranchero for a little sportsmanship!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PeralWhiteGT
nice ride is it a coupe?
what trim Vortech?

5 Speed
400rwhp
Vortech S-Trim
10psi max boost
It's not a coupe, it's a GT.

Here is the vid from the dyno.
http://ccstreetscene.com/multimedia/mike/mikedyno.wmv

hatch is my favorite, I had a few 10/15 years ago I have a 85GT now hatch all OEM.
I would love to find you on the street at a stoplight with my Ranchero for a little sportsmanship!

That would be fun! Got any pics of the Ranchero?
Those 85 GT's are really nice too.

Last edited:
does the mustang leak any oil due to boost? back in the day I did alot of work on those cars and none of them could keep oil in the pan, many reasons why, now Im sure there is a few fixes for this, I like the gapless rings for the pistons, hard to get guys to pay for it on top of all the other little expensive things a mustang needs to make its owner happy for a period of time
19.gif

I would just buy a jug of 10w30 Mobil 1 from Walmart.

I had a 5.0 Mustang (stock heads and cam) running high 12's with just bolt ons and 3.55 gears.

What else does your engine have besides the Vortech ?

Originally Posted By: adibigs
I was always a notchback fan, either way I'm sure he has a sweetride

Notchbacks are a hard item to find, we just searched and finally found one, a blue AOD car with 80,000 miles and all original steel on all 4 corners, got it for $3900 with a T-5 in the trunk, I took apart the T-5 and it was in good shape except for needing a syncro kit.
We looked for 4 months for a good car, alot had rust, hidded crashes, more rust geez we looked at 9 cars before we found the one he bought.

Redline is great for Turbo Apps and good for superchargers, I would say that Amsoil SSO or better yet Schaeffers would be a great investment. Moly = anti-friction = cooler running

Originally Posted By: buster
Mobil 1 10w30 or 0w40.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Synthetics/Mobil_1_Heat_Protection.aspx

1,500F

Were competitive brands included in testing of the Mobil High Endurance Motor Oil line? If so, which brands and how did they perform compare to the Mobil products?

We do not cite competitive brands that we test against. This line-up has set a new standard in oil change intervals. We can assure you that the products were tested against quality products that are representative of branded competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back