What oil filter for my integra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently running amsoil 5w-30 with amsoil filter on my car.

i'm not going to be running amsoil products anymore, i dont like the idea of running the oil and filter for one year without changing. I been reading mix reviews of the Amsoil filter(not good for short oci??)......if someone can clear that up that would be nice!

my plan is to do 5-7k oci with valvoline synpower. Whats a good filter for short intervals such as mine?

Last edited:
Purolator PureOne or Bosch clone, Wix includes clones NAPA Gold or Car Quest Blue and Baldwin are my choices. Having a Japanese make you could even go with Denso.

My Preference in order

1. Purolator PureOne/Bosch
2. Wix/NAPA Gold/Car Quest Blue
3. Denso
4. Baldwin

Originally Posted By: labman
Wix likely is easier to find and has a thread end bypass. I don't think Champ has an Ecore that would work.

Champ PH2808? or STP S2808? ...but I don't know what Integra he has.

Still for a good low-cost filter I would use a Purolator Classic. If the thread end bypass is important to him, WIX is a very good choice for a few dollars more.

Thanks, I may check to see if my AZ has the STP 2808.

Check the book there and make sure it's the right one first.

I went to Champion Labs website and they have an online catalog there. It looks to me like lists a PH2808 for my wife's Integra.

Hi Calvin,

I'm assuming this is for your white GS-R I've seen pics of? (Or perhaps it's a LS/GS with GS-R blades?)

Anyways, I've used many different types of filters on my teg since I've had it and I would highly recommend the Purolator PureONE or Bosch equivalent (same thing). I didn't have good luck with the Amsoil EaO20 I had. It took a good second or two longer to build up oil pressure on every single start-up until I changed the filter. I think it had a leaky ADBV, as I've never experienced this with any other filter I've ever used.

Why would anybody spend twice as much for a PC as an ST?

Because it is a PC
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Hi Calvin,

I'm assuming this is for your white GS-R I've seen pics of? (Or perhaps it's a LS/GS with GS-R blades?)

Anyways, I've used many different types of filters on my teg since I've had it and I would highly recommend the Purolator PureONE or Bosch equivalent (same thing). I didn't have good luck with the Amsoil EaO20 I had. It took a good second or two longer to build up oil pressure on every single start-up until I changed the filter. I think it had a leaky ADBV, as I've never experienced this with any other filter I've ever used.

it is an LS with gsr blades. What is ADBV? this forum seems to favor the pureone, i think i'll start to use this one. Can these filters go for 5k+ miles ?

whats a thread end bypass? is it necessary?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sir1900
For what I paid to buy the car, an extra $2.50 won't break the bank.
55.gif

I hear ya. I'm too cheap to buy inexpensive filters. I keep my cars for a while.
cheers3.gif

Not that ST is bad, but I get a little more filtration with a Puro

Anything by Purolator would be good. Best bang for your buck IMO. $5 gets you a PC and $7 for a PureOne. Go to Kmart -- they now carry Puros.

Keep in mind those are Canadian prices. The K-Mart in my area sells Purolator Classics for $3.50 and PureONEs for $5.80.

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
Keep in mind those are Canadian prices. The K-Mart in my area sells Purolator Classics for $3.50 and PureONEs for $5.80.

Best thing K-Mart has done for a while.

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
Anything by Purolator would be good. Best bang for your buck IMO. $5 gets you a PC and $7 for a PureOne. Go to Kmart -- they now carry Puros.

Oops my bad. I stand corrected! That is what I paid when I bought mine at Kmart in North Dakota -- $3.50 for a PC and $5.80 for the P1. Picked up 2 of each.
thumbsup2.gif

I don't even know if there are any Kmarts left in Canada
21.gif

Originally Posted By: calvinnnnnnnnn
ThirdeYe-2 pack pureone for 10 shipped

Oh yeah do you know why some integra filters are bulky and some are thin?
http://www.amazon.com/Purolator-PL14459-...9210&sr=1-1

That 2 pack is a great deal. I put it on my Christmas list, actually.
grin2.gif
As to the sizes... the original and current recommendation for the B18 is to use the wider 14459 size. Newer Honda vehicles like the RSX recommend the taller, but more narrow filters (such as the ones you buy at the Honda dealership). They will still work fine on your Integra as they have the same thread. The PLM-15400-A02 that they sell at Honda/Acura dealerships are cross-referenced to be used on pretty much all Honda vehicles, aside from the S2000, NSX and some other Hondas I believe. Anyways, in short, the 14459 or the 14610 will work, but the 14459 is what is technically recommended. The narrower ones are simply stocked by Honda so that they can carry one filter for most all of their vehicles. They'll still work fine. I've used both the 14459 and 14610 size on my car.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
...They will still work fine on your Integra as they have the same thread. The PLM-15400-A02 that they sell at Honda/Acura dealerships are cross-referenced to be used on pretty much all Honda vehicles, aside from the S2000, NSX and some other Hondas I believe...

So I was looking online for some sort of cross reference or confirmation that the Hamp model you sent me would work on my wife's 2000 Acura Integra with a 1.8 liter, 4 cylinder, but I can't find any application lookup.
I'd like to be sure if I have to place an order.

Is there a cross reference for Honda OEM, or Hamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back