What Oil Are You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still sticking with the Castrol EDGE 5w-30 for myself, was kind of thinking of Chevron or Havoline 10w-40 for a couple of days being old school myself.

If you had a 20L pail of SAE 50, a pail of SAE 20 and a pail of 0W40
you could blend away until your heart's content.
OK, its stopped raining.
Put the computer away and do something constructive.

Mobil I since 1977 or 78. I believe Mobil I only came in 0w-20 then. That is what I have in my Camry V6 now. In between,10w-30, 5w-30. 0w-30. No problems with a dozen or so engines from V8s to I4s. I don't have an opinion of what the best motor oil is. Mobil I has worked for me. Besides, I'm not going to throw more gasoline on the BITOG fire. Regards to all. The shadows are getting long in eastern Nebraska. Expect USC to run all over Nebraska tonight. The embarrassment have been too much for Hosteen,but I fear there are going to be many more in the years to come. Bah Humbug

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Mobil I since 1977 or 78. I believe Mobil I only came in 0w-20 then. That is what I have in my Camry V6 now. In between,10w-30, 5w-30. 0w-30. No problems with a dozen or so engines from V8s to I4s. I don't have an opinion of what the best motor oil is. Mobil I has worked for me. Besides, I'm not going to throw more gasoline on the BITOG fire. Regards to all. The shadows are getting long in eastern Nebraska. Expect USC to run all over Nebraska tonight. The embarrassment have been too much for Hosteen,but I fear there are going to be many more in the years to come. Bah Humbug

Wondering What Oil You relate to the most, not which oil You think is the Best. I have unopened cans of Mobil 1 of 1974-1975 vintage in both 5w-20 and 5w-30 that Mobil 1 recommends for 25,000Miles right on the can! That would 1st and 2nd year Mobil 1.

I'd probably be GC.
Here's a versatile oil that can be used in a variety of applications and performs well in any of them.
I've used it in a variety of engines myself.
It meets many Euro specs, but it remains an old school oil with a simple add pack.
It's the basestock that matters in this oil more than what's added to it.
Good bones.

Cue deven...now's your chance...

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Good bones.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer

Good bones.

LOL!

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer

Good bones.

lol...thanks for the cue
banana2.gif

I would be Quaker State Defy. A past that most wouldn't understand, currently a solid product with a loyal following and stiff competition, and a future unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back